Political plots lead to prison cots: Bannon ordered to jail

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/06/political-plots-lead-to-prison-cots-bannon-ordered-to-jail.html

18 Likes

Disney Jail GIF by BuzzFeed

30 Likes

I bet he can teach the other inmates how to make pruno in the jail cell john.

2 Likes

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

7 Likes

How long until we see footage of a suddenly enfeebled Steve Bannon slowly pushing a walker into an appeals courtroom?

24 Likes

(Godwin interval warning!) hitler spent only nine months of his five year sentence in Landsberg prison, and used that time to compose ‘mein kampf’. Which is one of steve bannon’s favoritest of bed-time reading. (here’s hoping that history doesn’t have to repeat everything) -sigh- …anyway, here’s petty vindictive hoping that bannon really has a nasty time there.

12 Likes

It’s just so lovely to hear that he will be spending the Independence Day holiday in prison.

22 Likes

Does this mean he is a felon and loses his right to vote?

7 Likes

Election Day too!

7 Likes

Dollars to donuts he’ll be fleecing the MAGAt flock with a “political prisoner” shtick.

5 Likes

Right when D&D needs him for the Vecna:Eve of Ruin launch!

Season 4 GIF by Stranger Things

The undead are already barred from voting.

9 Likes

Doesn’t always stop them from trying though.

The dead have risen, and they're voting Republican!

18 Likes

Dollars to donuts it’ll be titled Mein Drumpf.

3 Likes

Just think what pure hell it will be for him!

They’ll make him shower every day and wash his hair! OMG! Maybe they’ll even cut his hair!

He’ll be forced to wear only one shirt at a time, and clean, unrumpled ones at that!

I am hoping he’ll have to work in the prison laundry almost as hard as I’m hoping he’ll fall into tiny pieces, and be rinsed right down the drain when they make him shower. I’m convinced it’s all that dirt and crud that holds his human suit (albeit loosely) together.

I know I’m being quite mean and uncharitable here, and I apologize for that.

Hey! Maybe when they push him into the shower, this will happen:
im-melting-wicked-witch

11 Likes

Rightwing ideologues be all “Look at me, flouting US laws and getting away with it because I am so powerful” AND “Oh noes, I am the victim of political persecution!” at the same time.

14 Likes

“Thus, by a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak.”

18 Likes

Wisdom.

8 Likes

… and accidentally lose the key.

7 Likes

I regret that I have only one upvote to give this reply.

6 Likes

That’s all well & good, but I’m not gonna celebrate until he is actually in prison.

Since his bail was revoked, just why the fuck wasn’t he immediately taken into custody? After all, he has had months to ‘get his affairs in order’…

And he has over 3 weeks to continue spewing his poison.

May his stay in prison be exceedingly interesting.

8 Likes