Trump advisor Steve Bannon ordered conservative Republicans to vote for Trumpcare and they just laughed at him

I’d guess people thinking it’s brave to stick it to what they deem to be the “establishment” and that they think he does it better than anyone. He’s not that smart, though, sure enough.

3 Likes

It’s “artisanal”. :grin:

5 Likes

8 Likes

My uncle fooled me into trying liver by telling me it was hamburger. It was horrible. Buffy’s got it right.

9 Likes

Some day, with warning, I will show you how it is supposed to taste. Mostly it is disgusting, but can be sublime.

7 Likes

7 Likes

9 Likes

I totally agree with you.

I’d far prefer to reference research and invite you to read it for yourself. This one is interesting too:

Weisberg, Y. J., DeYoung, C. G., & Hirsh, J. B. (2011). Gender Differences in Personality across the Ten Aspects of the Big Five. Frontiers in Psychology, 2, 178. http://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2011.00178

They did find gender differences, but noted that:

"Gender differences in personality traits are often characterized in terms of which gender has higher scores on that trait, on average. For example, women are often found to be more agreeable than men. This means that women, on average, are more nurturing, tender-minded, and altruistic more often and to a greater extent than men. However, such a finding does not preclude the fact that men may also experience nurturing, tender-minded, and altruistic states, and that some men may even score higher in these traits than some women. The goal of investigating gender differences in personality, therefore, is to elucidate the differences among general patterns of behavior in men and women on average, with the understanding that both men and women can experience states across the full range of most traits. Gender differences in terms of mean differences do not imply that men and women only experience states on opposing ends of the trait spectrum; on the contrary, significant differences can exist along with a high degree of overlap between the distributions of men and women. [my bold, the rest for context].

Ah, I think I see the problem here.

Way back when this conversation started and ChickieD said (emphasis mine):

And you jumped in to correct with

What you’re saying is that she should bow to your authority and correct itself and reword it more like,
“I’ve been studying communication lately, although not as much as aeon, and once of the things I’ve learned is that males TEND TO BUT NOT EXCLUSIVELY view conversation as a one up/one down thing where they vie for authority, whereas women TEND TO NOT EXCLUSIVELY see conversation as a way to connect.” And then probably thank you for making her initial statement more visibly accurate.

Glad we (tended to but not exclusively) “connected” here.

6 Likes

This! If and when you do make it to Tokyo, I wish to buy you a beverage for this!

1 Like

You can DIY using FLORA boards if that kind of electronic couture interests you?

1 Like

So long as we end up generally on the same wavelength, I guess? :grinning:

Of course! Otherwise where would they stick the voodoo needles?

1 Like

Liver’s lovely, but it’s very unforgiving if you cook it wrong. Overcooked liver turns into tough dense leathery mess with an iron taste.

2 Likes

Or vice-versa?

1 Like

Yeah I was underwhelmed with the execution on this dress. That’s why I was interested to see if there was a timelapse on it. I mean, if you just want a dress to light up, there’s tons of stuff that does that. My cousin had a light up dress she got on Etsy. From what I read, it was crowdsourcing the lighting of the moment from her Twitter feed, so that I thought was a nifty twist (not sure why Watson needed to get involved) and I wanted to see a side-by-side of her Twitters with her dress state.

2 Likes

And hope that they don’t notice the wrong extension for .XLS files.

Who am I kidding. I’m ascribing far too much competence.

I once went on a canoe trip where they packed oatmeal for breakfast. The person responsible for packing the food did not like oatmeal, so the bags were labeled, “Barf,” “Puke,” and “Yak.”

3 Likes

My food for long distance bike rides was this one-pound brick of solid carbs. I forget the actual name of it, but I’ve always called it Cruel And Unusual Punishment Loaf.

9 Likes

I like liver, but it is definitely not hamburger. Saying it’s hamburger must have turned you off to both liver and hamburger.

3 Likes

No, I still like hamburger!

3 Likes