Trump advisor Steve Bannon ordered conservative Republicans to vote for Trumpcare and they just laughed at him

I love Bannon advising Trump on a “shit list” because it’s another example of his inner circle neglecting their homework on familiarizing themselves with the people they should’ve been working with all along. I mean, if someone ticks you off, don’t you remember them? Is he going to have a photo next to each name, too? Can they just erase their name from the list when Trump turns around? Can they claim to be another member of Congress when cornered by Trump near the water cooler?

7 Likes

Nifty idea. I went looking for pics of it with different lighting things happening throughout the night but I couldn’t find anything. I saw a few pictures of it with lights on but nothing to indicate how the dress changed over the course of the night.

14 Likes

I think it’s the same place Trump got his reputation for being a successful businessman-- dumb luck and popular image. If Trump had lost the election then Bannon would be seen as an albatross around any future candidate’s neck-- in fact he’s probably headed that direction anyway.

11 Likes

12 Likes

The very secret to Trumps success, right there. Not that he does, but we do.

2 Likes

Well, with Trump, his “shit list” involves spending the rest of his life engaging in petty efforts to destroy theirs. Which one really doesn’t have time for in politics if one wishes to actually accomplish anything. (Especially given that he has no loyalty to others, so it’s not like there’s the usual quid-pro-quo going on with him. The smartest scenario is for congress to piss him off en-masse so he can’t single any of them out. Also, he may not be in power long enough to screw up their reelections.)

The really funny bit to me is that when Trump put on his “leadership” hat and met with congress to convince them to vote for this, his efforts apparently caused him to lose 10 votes. What a leader!

16 Likes

Do you get wafers with it?

3 Likes

What flavor is it?

3 Likes

Wardrobe malfunction. :scream:

8 Likes

I’m reminded of Frank Gallagher in Shameless

1 Like

I think there a couple of related problems.

First, the Gala is a private party. Sure, there’s a red carpet, but it’s well lit, with photographers’ speedlights. The optimal lighting conditions for seeing the LEDs aren’t accessible to anyone but those who pay a exorbitant amount for the privilege.

Second, IBM is using this to sell watson. All the “good” articles and videos are essentially paid promotional content.

Third, they were upstaged by Zac Posen, who used some sort of organza interwoven with fibre optics for his dress for Claire Danes. Apparently the model for the Watson dress is comparatively unknown.

6 Likes

Wow. That is way more amazing.

4 Likes

They’ll be in for a shock I suppose

3 Likes

#“What happens if it rains?”

11 Likes

God I want to have a gravelly, snark off with that man. We would both end up corpsing, but it would be so much fun to see who could look the most dead-eyed serious the longest.

4 Likes

I luvs ya, J, but I’d have to bet on “Hot Wings,” there.

Dude’s a straight fool; I’ve seen the outtakes…

7 Likes

My money is on an interaction like this one.

I could watch it all day.

5 Likes

I’m still disappointed that there was no second season to My So Called Life…

2 Likes

Damn hipsters gentrifying everything yet again! :wink:

9 Likes