Trump ally Scott Brown suggests Elizabeth Warren take DNA test to prove heritage

This from the former cheesecake model who once bragged that he hobnobbed with Kings and Queens.

This whole line of attack is reminiscent of the GOP’s assertion that Obama was not actually born in Hawaii.

2 Likes

Guy Fawkes Yard Sign

16 Likes

They know their base, dumbasses who think that if they hear something loud enough and long enough it must be true. A 2015 poll found that 43 percent of Republicans believe President Obama is a Muslim, and 20 percent of all adults believe he was born outside the United States. Them’s muddy waters and they’re stirring them again.

5 Likes

7 Likes

This heritage line of attack is recycled from Scott Brown’s failed election against Warren in Massachusetts. It was his attack line in the first place. Apparently she lied to get into schools she never attended, but did later teach law at. Blah blah blah. This DNA thing is just Scott Brown climbing aboard the quadrannual gravy train. He was an appointed senator and has failed to be elected in both MA and NH.

On the other hand, in a strange way, I’m glad to see conservatives fully on board with recycling.

7 Likes

Have you devoted much thought to why this is?

There are reasons why persons fake native ancestry (I think Going Native or Going Naive? covers this) and there are reasons why someone would want to legally declare their ancestry and seek resources.

1 Like

Other than proving Scott Brown is a dipshit and likely racist, what the fuck point is all this?

2 Likes

Because this manner of rhetoric stirs up Trump’s fanbase. Why else?

1 Like

7 Likes

Well, Scott Brown is getting paid.

5 Likes

13 Likes

Careful, he might think you’re replicating Mahar’s “bet” and sue you.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/06/showbiz/trump-bill-maher-suit/

3 Likes

I believe that is actually “Goat farts! Yaks not!”

Yaks are notorious for both their flatulence and for their custom of blaming it on other nearby ruminants.

5 Likes

Go Forth, Young Skywalker.
Grasp Force You Shall.
Greet Fate. Yoda Speaks.

5 Likes

Government shouldn’t kick people off land, steal it, and put those dispossessed people on “reservations.” But since that’s already happened, Government at least has an ethical responsibility to be in the race “business.”

8 Likes

I know, right? You’d think he might focus on campaigning against Hillary Clinton, but the amount of attention he’s spending on someone who isn’t even his electoral opponent is breathtaking.

9 Likes

I can see why he feels the need to try to smear her, though. Her attacks have been intelligent and effective while employing some of his own rhetorical, pithy, schoolyard taunting style–in ways a traditional candidate like Clinton can’t stoop to–and he just doesn’t know how to handle it. So he flails about pointing (short) fingers and calling her names and hoping his classmates laugh or gasp so much it drowns out what she’s saying. The sad thing is, it’s probably working.

6 Likes

BTW, anyone else have some vague memory about this thread being derailed by an acronym or… something? But this morning it seems like a weird, spontaneous communal dream with no apparent source. Freaky!

7 Likes

Where’d @chgoliz’s post go? I thought that one was really good.

[Edit: Yay, it’s back!]

1 Like

Gone Forever. Yes: Sad.

8 Likes