Trump and the tiresome Alabama hurricane issue

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/11/trump-and-the-tiresome-alabama.html

Tom the Dancing Bug, IN WHICH we wonder whether this whole Alabama hurricane thing is blown out of proportion

14 Likes

15 Likes

37 Likes

Scrolling down is definitely the way to read that. I figured something was up when I noticed the lettering in the panels was in quotes. But seeing that last frame roll up–quite the zinger!

21 Likes

We have an official new term for a childishly ridiculous lie Trump doubles down on.
“Its a black Sharpie moment!”

14 Likes

Self-aggrandizing, lying, imprisoning children-- it’s all part of the same corn-studded-turd-sandwich that is Donald Trump. Everything the media reports about him damages his image faster than Fox News can prop him back up, as his constantly low approval ratings would indicate.

15 Likes

Trump plays golf.

https://twitter.com/McMickey98

39 Likes

hole in one - so much winning

10 Likes

It’s funny heart-breaking because it’s true.

12 Likes

This is the first Tom the Dancing Bug cartoon that makes me want to cry.

13 Likes

7 Likes

⊥rum is a moron, in so many ways.

He’s willfully ignorant of history, apparently semi-literate, has the attention span of a brain-damaged gnat…

But he knows how to play the media. He plays the media like a master, and they play right along.

Because the Fourth Estate has failed its calling and surrendered to the temptations of Mammon.

6 Likes

The real question here is: can you get high on the fumes?

3 Likes

Ugh. This just reminds me of two (young, white, male) coworkers at a job I recently left who considered themselves “not interested in politics” and thought Trump was an idiot, but frequently opined how Democrats should just “let it go” (usually in reference to the Mueller probe), and I don’t even know what to say to something like that. I’m sorry an attempt to avert unraveling of our entire society before our eyes is boring to you because it doesn’t follow the Save the Cat formula?

The most disturbing part of the whole thing to me is kids in their 20s have literally never seen anything but the creeping fascism of the American right. To someone my age, Trump looks like a knee in the curve (I’d say the knee was the GWB administration, and Trump is racing towards an asymptote, but whatever). To someone their age, Trump looks like a particularly dumb instance of politics as usual. America was ruined before they were conceived, and they just shrug and ignore it. They don’t like it, but hating your corrupt government is just normal to them.

24 Likes

Unfortunately, T normalizes this behavior by repeating it every single day.

It’s important to not let it tie you in knots, but it’s also important to call it out calmly every time someone else presents it as acceptable behavior.

10 Likes

I’m 32, and neither have I.

Personally I think it’s a pretty smooth curve reaching back way before I was born, and it only looks like a knee because openly expressing it broke through the Overton window with Trump.

2 Likes

That was my reaction as well. “heart breaking”

Fucking scum getting off on people’s grief.

4 Likes

Some people apparently can, like those that attend ALL of his rallies…

4 Likes

Maybe he’s smarter than we give him credit for (a very low bar, to be sure) and the whole thing is a distraction from doing fuck-all about the promised gun control, or the myriad of other issues he’s ignoring.

2 Likes

I suspect the Gish Gallop is a very natural pattern when you’re in a panic spiral. You lie, then you tell a lie to cover up your lie, then you panic and lie about something else twice as idiotic and transparent… rinse, lather, repeat.

6 Likes