Trump and Trump Jr. praise doctor who says diseases are caused by "evil deposits from the spirit husband"

“You are not bigger that God.”

The lack of correct grammar, though.

Also seems like the threat wasn’t to sue FB but to hack them; I’m sure that will go over well…

9 Likes

I think Jesus is exempt from the terms of the CFAA though.

2 Likes

depends on how old the demon is…

2 Likes

Trump is a neodymium magnet for fellow scammers. And all propping each other up.

3 Likes

Thank goodness you started that off with “N”.

10 Likes

Her scamming days are likely over methinks; now that she’s been outed she doesn’t have the necessary “complexion for the protection.”

She’s Black, she’s a woman and she wasn’t born in the US; cue the countdown for the right to briefly rally around her, then throw her under the bus once she ceases to be useful for them.

14 Likes

Health insurance in the US covers all kinds of nonsense as well, including chiropractors and acupuncture in many cases. It’s the power of lobbying at all levels by these pseudoscience groups who have a lot more money than reason.

5 Likes

No one forced Trump and his diseased offspring to praise her. They used her from the start just to make sure the doc’s message of “cure”, etc., gets out to their Dunning-Kruger followers. Their sick desperation stinks.

1 Like

I’m just saying that’s what 45 & Co do with everyone who works with them… let alone if they happen to be anything other than old, rich, White dudes.

8 Likes

Is there any mechanism to remove the license of a doctor for public statements like this? I assume there isn’t but I wish there would be for cases like this.

That’s absolutely insane that even a dime of public money was spent on that. Can I get funding for my psychic healing business? It’s super-amazing, for a billion dollars I’ll use my pyschic powers to alleviate COVID19 throughout the UK. For two billion I’ll apply it world wide. If they funded homeopathy, why not Fabio’s psychic services?

2 Likes

I need 50 cc’s of holy water, the demon DeHyDrATiOn has a powerful hold on my innards.

2 Likes

or its that unfortunate occasion where the roomba does not see the dog turd…

5 Likes

They spend all of their lives knowing their beliefs are verified by god but science is fallible. They have the ability to accept or reject scientific knowledge by line item, and gain a sense of superiority when doing it.

4 Likes

Damn ectoplasm.

3 Likes

So this explains (T)rump’s love affair with hydroxychloroquine

So, neither of them can read?
Was reading involved, 'cause that’s hard.

It’s PR plain and simple. He needs to appear as a friend of the black community, so it’s pretty normal. Statistically, out of several million black people who would rather stay away from him in disgust, no matter the economic return, one can always find a few who would sell their soul to him for thirty pieces of silver. And the fact that she is also a religious minister speaks for itself: he is appealing to the lowest educated among his supporters to make numbers.
The use of religious bullshit is very normal to me: they can’t prove anything of the idiocy they spread, therefore they mix it with irrational stuff that by definition can’t be demonstrated, and when in trouble get away with the usual “it’s God’s will”, “… mysterious ways …” etc.

6 Likes

so, when I google Stella Immanuel, this appears.

Not being fluent in pidgin, I can’t comment on its style. But why should a pidgin knowledge panel appear? Google “knows” that I don’t use Pidgin.

3 Likes

http://www.tmb.state.tx.us/page/look-up-a-license

Dr. Stella Immanuel was licensed to practice pediatrics in Texas last November, where she’s been practicing for less than one year. Her practice is indeed listed in Houston. There are no disciplinary actions reported on her file. She also did not self-report any previous disciplinary actions from another state. It says her graduate medical education was in New York, 24 years ago.

At the time of licensure, TMB verified the physician’s graduation from medical school as follows:
UNIV OF CALABAR, COLL OF MED SCI, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER. This is a public university in Nigeria, which is listed as approved by their National Universities Commission (I assume this is Nigeria’s equivalent of accreditation.)

The license does not list any previous US state licenses to practice, so to track any of her prior licensing in America we’d have to look at all 49 other states. A quick search of the New York board’s site did not return any information regarding a license being issued to practice in New York, but that’s not surprising for a student.

I doubt there’s anything the Texas board would do about her at this time. If she continues to flout medical advice by advising patients against mask wearing, there’s a chance they could bring action against her; but this is Texas.

7 Likes