Trump apologizes for boasting about groping women, says he'll be talking about Bill Clinton more now

They’re pretty much the same thing.

Trump is the candidate of the redpillers, gators, MRAs, the idiots behind “elevatorgate” and every other pathetic little misogynistic creep that ever befouled the internet. Mixed in with their natural allies, the old school Klansmen.

Fortunately, as always:

…but also as always, they’re likely to do plenty of damage on their way down. Y’gotta deal with your fascists before they become a major force if you want to avoid that.

13 Likes

The more you have, the more superiority.

1 Like

There’s very little chance it’d happen since Trump would have to do a thing completely out of character and try to do something that makes him look incredibly bad, with no opportunity to save face, merely for the benefit of others with no personal benefit from it, and acknowledge the a serious personal moral failure, which he never does. But were the near-impossible to happen, the sheer chaos of a GOP candidate stepping down only a few weeks before the election would sink the GOP this election season. They might be able to get the ballots shuffled in short order in many states, but each state has their own rules, it wouldn’t be hard to slow things down in courts to the point of impossibility, there would be various parties who would be likely to be willing to work against late changes, and this late there’s a solid chance Pence would lose all EC votes in some swing states. That kind of change that late has never happened before, and the sheer unchartedness of it all would ensure a massive mess. Also what base there is t this point is behind Trump at this point, introducing the new guy a month in advance with maybe a couple weeks of a campaign may work for the GOP faithful, but the faithful decide primaries, not elections - the undecideds do that.

3 Likes

I suspect a lot of Trumpistas would write him in if he were removed from the ticket, too. Or just not vote.

3 Likes

Yep, there are a lot of die-hards energized by Trump, not Pence. Getting those people to hop over in very short order to a new guy who is not their type of Strongman, and has been cool on backing the crazy promises Trump’s been making (and pretending to not be making them at all in the debate). That would make for a special kind of challenge for the most energized base.

3 Likes

They have kept doubling down on the crazy when they lost because they weren’t ‘conservative’ enough and it is what the base wanted. Well they can lump it. They got what they were going for finally. The sooner the party implodes the better.

6 Likes

IT’S ALL OGRE!! THE GOP WILL NEVER RECOVER!

2 Likes

“I suppose Old Man Trump knows just how much racial hate he stirred up in the bloodpot of human hearts” - Woody Guthrie

4 Likes

[quote=“nemomen, post:171, topic:87048”]
They might be able to get the ballots shuffled in short order in many states, but each state has their own rules, it wouldn’t be hard to slow things down in courts to the point of impossibility, there would be various parties who would be likely to be willing to work against late changes[/quote]
Probably not; while some Sanders supporters might not believe this, state Democratic officials are generally honorable enough that they would support a rules change to let a Republican candidate on the ballot.

Also what base there is t this point is behind Trump at this point

Sure, but they don’t dislike Pence, and they hate Clinton.

1 Like

Fortunately there’s little to suggest we’ll have to find out.

This right here is the nub of the matter. NO defense attorney should “quietly sabotage a case” because she’s “convinced in her client’s guilt.”

Her client’s guilt is for the judge and jury to decide, not the defense attorney.

The defense attorney’s job is to give the defendant the same vigorous defense as ANY other client, so that, in the end, we only convict people who’ve been judged guilty by a judge and a jury of their peers, not whoever the public defender happens to be convinced is guilty.

The public defender’s job is to make sure the state doesn’t convict anyone if they can’t convince a jury that they’re guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Not just because someone had an inadequate defense due to the PD deciding to “phone it in.” or “quietly sabotage” the case.

You want the defense attorney to be judge and jury by themselves, by deciding who deserves a real defense and who doesn’t.

That’s not how this works, nor how it should work…

23 Likes

I don’t know enough about the Presidential election system to be sure if this makes sense, but it occurred to me to wonder if there was actually a developed strategy here.
Trump became the candidate. Perhaps the idea is that he would milk it for the publicity, attract all the flak, and benefit financially from the attention; but then withdraw at the last minute making way for Cruz, who would then arrive at the election with no scrutiny and not enough time to reveal the kind of person he really is.
Is this possible? Because, if it is, it would make sense. Trump would have attracted all the negative press. Cruz, instead of presenting as a dangerous right-wing fanatic, would seem much more acceptable. Meanwhile, all the negatives aimed to Clinton would have disaffected Democrat voters who would never vote Trump but now might vote Cruz.

3 Likes

To paraphrase Donald Keough, I’d say that the GOP is not that dumb and not that smart.

13 Likes

I’m sure GOP can make some more stuff up.

3 Likes

…laid-off workers whose jobs have gone to other countries

Shit, Donald, how did that happen? What kind of businessman would do that?

5 Likes

I believe in relativity and I am tremendously moral.

9 Likes

Why can’t she be a regular person? She’s not a superhero and this isn’t a movie.

13 Likes

I’m with Hillary but I really do not get the cognitive disconnect about why Donald Trump talking about the p-word is somehow worse than very real and very believeable accusations of rape against Bill Clinton. Sorry. I don’t. I’m not voting for Bill but HIllary, but I do have issues about why she stayed with him when it was so clear that he was sexually abusing women, repeatedly. I’ll vote for Hillary this year because she will be a better president than Trump. Hell, my cat would be, and I’m saying this after he threw up all over a rug a few minutes ago. But, one day I dream of a world where one of our candidates hasn’t condoned, committed, or averted her eyes to rape.

7 Likes

It’s true that both men have been accused of sexual assault (though Trump’s alleged assaults are more recent and include the rape of a 13-year-old girl).

The difference is that Clinton has consistently denied committing sexual assault and has spoken publicly against it. Trump is now on record not only admitting to it but BRAGGING about it.

Put another way: we may suspect Bill Clinton sexually assaulted people in the 70s, but we KNOW Donald Trump sexually assaulted people as recently as the 2000s.

10 Likes

It’s been six minutes since Trump threw up on a rug, thank you very much.

10 Likes