Trump followers delighted over new sexual assault accusation

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/17/trump-followers-delighted-over.html

10 Likes

Trumpists: Gosh isn’t it awfully convenient that people are coming forward to accuse Trump of sexism and bigotry and assault now that he’s running for reelection instead of coming forward decades ago??

Everyone else: Actually Trump has been accused of this behavior throughout his entire life. In fact the very first time his name appeared in the New York Times was in connection with a lawsuit alleging…

Trumpists: AHA! So you admit he’s been a victim of the Fake News Liberal Media all along!!

64 Likes

Hits the nail on the head. “Why are you only complaining now?” “I’ve been complaining the entire time, you just weren’t listening.”

44 Likes

It was 1997, not 1977, right?

EDIT: ah, good, bb write-up is now corrected

1 Like

In 1977 he was still recovering from not having been in Vietnam.

44 Likes

Forget his loyal followers (a lost cause), it also won’t matter to the still-undecided voters out there. None of them are inclined to believe women in these matters.

11 Likes

It is particularly amusing to watch religious charlatans justify Trump’s behavior. He does have the ultimate qualities for their forgiveness, money and power. These clowns seriously need to write their own version of the Bible that justifies their idolatry and greed.

13 Likes

Taken to it’s logical conclusion, Trump’s lawyers will eventually be forced to deny Trump’s existence.

27 Likes

Hold on…are we still talking Trump or are you describing BLM?

</insert WhyNotBoth.gif>

ETA: fixed <>

1 Like

He was dodging STDs in Club54. Give him a purple heart!

11 Likes

Dodging, spreading, whatever.

11 Likes

We won’t know for a fact that it’s true until he denies it himself.

17 Likes

I just can’t get a grip on why so many on the right act this way.

“Trump didn’t do it, but if he did, good, she deserved it, wanted it, etc etc., and anyway Joe Biden is the real creep here!”

Basically conservatives have become like petulant children who always need it their way, just like Trump. It’s this “reptilian brain” thing, acting completely in their own self interest with no concern for the rest of society-- very similar to the kind of accusation conservatives hurled at hippies in the 60’s. I think it was Tom Hanks who said the anti-maskers attitude was “it’s my god-given right not to do my fair share to help.” (paraphrased)

12 Likes

These clowns seriously need to write their own version of the Bible that justifies their idolatry and greed.

King James did it for them.

6 Likes

rapey bigot asshole is a rapey bigoted asshole - surprise

4 Likes

The Swingers Bible!

3 Likes

It’s starting with the conclusion (their treasured beliefs about how they think reality should be) and working backwards. Once that’s your thought basis, you can justify anything.

8 Likes

At this point in time, Trump’s various crimes and misdeeds have been so normalized that you could have video of him murdering a baby with 15 eyewitnesses corroborating and it would be politics as usual.

Plus, he’s spread such a thick smokescreen of lying and misdirection that basically nothing can stick to him. He’s truly an artful con-man, but he’s become a genuine threat and outright menace.

4 Likes

I just saw a rich guy judged innocent on a rape case for “lack of enough evidence” where the 19 year old victim provided blood, his semen, his DNA, video, blood results showing date rape drug on her system and a forensic examination of the damage on her genitalia - and the lawyer defending the rich guy brutally slut shamed her DURING the trial and the judge only nodded along.

I 100% believe that the president of the USA can get away with live-streaming the murder of a baby to own the libs at this point in time.

22 Likes