Trump appoints himself leader of the Lockdown Rebellion by Tweeting LIBERATE VIRGINIA MICHIGAN MINNESOTA

Their loyalty to Trump’s laziness and incompetence is already biting them in the behind

23 Likes

He’s certainly behaving exactly like a Russian asset would in his position.

30 Likes

To clarify:

• Impeachment and removal is the tool available to the legislature for dealing with a corrupt or incompetent President.
  • The 25th Amendment grants the President’s cabinet the power to remove a President who is no longer physically or mentally capable of carrying out his duties.
22 Likes

Dunno. I think a Russian agent would struggle to exploit these flaws in the American psyche like this. His Russian superiors probably would think he was going totally Crazy Brad and would be shocked at the success of such obviously insane ramblings.

It’s horrifically enlightening as an outsider.

Obviously dominating the media is what these people are actually good at and the playbook is being copied around the world. We’re just lucky that the guy who tried it hardest in Ireland was actually really stupid and couldn’t get elected to the local council (he started at president and then went down for MEP, TD etc.). Maybe not having a great past to mythologies helps. Actually no maybe. “Remember when we’d no immigrants? Yeah, we’d no jobs and half your family and most of your friends emigrated. Good Times. Let’s go back there”. Not a winning pitch.

13 Likes

“Historians often point to this both as the End of American Curling and the St.Paul Renaissance.” – Federation, Memory Alpha Archives

5 Likes

Sigh - these are actually real. WTF??

7 Likes

Hmm, I’m a Brit so only an outside observer but this would seem like an opportunity; why not ask them:

a) To sign away their rights to any assistance in the event that they catch coronavirus.
b) Ensure that they accept full liability if they are found to have transmitted coronavirus to others.

And let them go for it?! It will help clear out a particular type of individual…

The rest of us can stay in lockdown.

7 Likes

The Y’all Qaeda brigades should go after the self-proclaimed leader of these lockdowns. Let’s investigate who that might be…

“The authority of the President of the United States having to do with the subject we’re talking about is total.” “They can’t do anything without the approval of the President of the United States.”

And for those specifically concerned about their 2nd Amendment rights:

“We’re going to take the firearms first and then go to court…”

11 Likes

Is there an amendment that grants the ability to remove cabinet members who are clearly insane if they do not exercise their power to remove a clearly insane president? Thought not. Those old-time constitution drafters were utter idiots for not foreseeing this and making more amendments. Tch!

Something something all the way down.

13 Likes

Uh. Don’t we have some rules about “inciting armed rebellion”?

Oh. Yes, yes we do.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2383

27 Likes

30 Likes

that SNL “Trump will kill us all” skit is looking less funny every day, I am not sure we are going to make it to November and just imagine for a moment if he loses when he has two months to torch the entire country

19 Likes

It’s really a triumph of branding that they can tie the second amendment to anything and everything at this point.

17 Likes

Doesn’t this violate ANY of Twitter’s decency statutes?

8 Likes

The overthrowing of government statute (18 U.S. Code § 2385) seems to fit more to me. Of course, a sitting president can’t be charged with a federal crime so the point is moot

Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates, sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States [*including state governments] by force or violence, or attempts to do so;

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

13 Likes

Twitter? Decency? Are you hearing yourself? :wink:

11 Likes

This is it. This is the inflection point. You will either have a constitutional democratic government in 2 years or you will not. Every system gets a serious stress test eventually, this is it. Just how strong is your constitution?

The rest of us are watching with jaws agape and waiting to see what you all do with it. If I were a non US citizen living in the US I’d be moving away asap. As for the rest of you, good luck - we are all hoping you make it.

26 Likes

Not just President of the United States of America, he is the Supreme Arch-Priest of Nurgle.

4 Likes

Largely because around 40% +/- of the population think he is the second coming, and they seem to be unwilling to analyse his ramblings or remember what he said yesterday that he completely contradicted today. As long as he is “hurting the people he is supposed to hurt” they don’t care if they get hurt as well. And then there is the GOP, which has realized that if they turn on him they will all go down as well. Having to choose between their own power and the good of the country, well, the country can go fuck itself, apparently.

31 Likes

I completely agree with your post, but every time I see that “40%” figure I cringe. It’s only 40-ish percent of the eligible voters who bothered to vote. It ends up around 25% or less of the actual adult population of the country. It’s just that it’s barely enough of a critical mass for GOP politicians to crater themselves if they piss them off.

19 Likes