Trump asks why America should accept immigrants from 'shithole countries,' instead of white ones

Thank you! This is lovely.

4 Likes

From, “give me your tired, your poor,
your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
the wretched refuse of your teeming shore” to, “why should we accept people from shithole countries?”

That’s progress.

19 Likes

The next distraction on the schedule is to distract everyone from asking about his medical checkup on Friday, then it’s the weekend distraction.

8 Likes

The Reagan years were notorious for supporting and in some cases inserting right wing regimes in Latin America. Grenada, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Chile, Guatemala, Brazil, and Argentina immediately come to mind (because communism!). Many of these countries were prosperous (or up and coming) and democratic before Reagan’s cronies decided to build out their little empires. These were regimes that asserted their power with death squads and mass genocide and were responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of civilians.

So in many ways the US is directly responsible for these “shithole countries” being the shitholes that they are.

19 Likes

Reagan and his handlers were bastards alright, but this predates them by a long time.

13 Likes

For sure the US has a long history fucking over LatAm (and Africa, and the Middle East, and Asia) but it massively escalated under Reagan.

(Fuck that guy is what I’m saying.)

14 Likes

Sounds like it’s that time of the week again…

This may be my new favorite GIF ever.

1 Like

Mr. Trump’s remarks left members of Congress attending the meeting in the Cabinet Room alarmed and mystified.

They were all “mystified” to hear that coming from Trump, who has served as a shining beacon of equality.

9 Likes

Fox News is basically saying his comments were just how the “forgotten people of America” talk and totally not racist because he didn’t even use the N-word!

8 Likes

Does anybody remember the time when we weren´t shat on everyday by the vile insane shit of that motherfucker? No, me neither.
To answer his question, and I mean that as no offence to you myfellow happy mutants from the US, people from “non-shithole” countries like Norway, Germany etc. do not immigrate to the US because most people in these countrys consider the contemporary US as a shithole. Your infrastructure is in shambles, your social net basically a joke and healthcare non-existant. Most (cheap) american food is almost inedible, full of GMOs and refined cornsyrup. The political and social culture a toxic pit and american pop culture glorifies ignorance and shuns intellect. Last but not least there were enough people in this country gullible or stupid enough to elect a president that calls other countriies “shitholes”.
The US are okay to visit, but I would never migrate there,
Sorry again, my american friends, but you get a one out of five star review from me.

23 Likes

A day that ends on a “y”?

4 Likes

tumblr_nxbekxMeDM1s2f16eo4_250

5 Likes

are those Metric or Imperial stars?

3 Likes

It’s not even like we haven’t had incredibly bigoted presidents in recent history, either. Truman, Nixon, and Johnson were notorious for their bigotry and racism.

It’s just that they weren’t anywhere as overt about it as the Orange Jizzcan.

12 Likes

By having the worst possible voting system that isn’t outright rigged, and that guarantees a race-for-the-bottom two-party system.

4 Likes

I don’t know… I am imagining Nixon (per the tapes) with free, unfettered access to Twitter.

He might have been saner than the current one, but I don’t know if he could have kept things under wraps for as long as it happened. People had less direct access to the president’s thoughts. Nixon wasn’t as in control as he appeared, but the average person didn’t hear his ranting until the tapes were released.

6 Likes

Nixon was paranoid. He wouldn’t have touched Twitter with a 10-foot pole.

10 Likes

Watching CNN right now. Seeing the word “shithole” on the chyron and hearing Anderson Cooper and the talking heads repeatedly saying “shithole” is just not getting old.

16 Likes

Whatever his personal views, Johnson signed the Civil Rights Bill into law in the full knowledge that it would destroy his party’s power base in the South for at least a generation. He didn’t just know how to put on a respectable public face, he was capable of doing the right thing even when it ran in direct opposition to his personal and party interests.

Trump can’t mask his bigotry for any length of time even when his personal agenda depends on it.

24 Likes