Trump attempts to silence a publisher

As I recall, this is the also same shyster who was paid by Peter Thiel to wage his personal vendetta against Gawker Media via the Hulk Hogan suit. It must be very exciting for him to add a wannabe autocrat and a fascist publisher to a thin-skinned clientelle that also includes an oligarch and a tech fantasist.

11 Likes

Yeah, I declined to mention that because some people think Gawker’s demise justified allowing a billionaire to kill a media organization he didn’t like.

4 Likes
11 Likes

9a4c181da3b939778317fcfb4e030304290c88fd

20 Likes

The sleaze is strong with this one. Clients of late:

P. Thiel
M. trump
D. trump
J. Kushner
H. Weinstein

Harder has veered far away from his liberal roots:

“After graduating with a degree in politics, Mr Harder worked for a liberal Democrat in the state senate, and championed a bill mandating the government to buy recycled paint and motor oil.” Financial Times Aug 2016

3 Likes

At the rate he’s going he’ll end up like Fred Phelps, who started out as a civil rights lawyer before going into his Xtianist protester personal injury grift.

6 Likes

I dunno… in this case, it’s more like:

com-reverse

3 Likes

It’s entirely possible to believe the world is better off without Gawker and still not believe it justifies how its demise was brought about. Unless you believe the ends justify the means, which I suspect most do not.

6 Likes

Can’t wait to read the now inevitable book…

15 Likes

Yup, I’m normally against piracy, but I’ll make an exception to deny adding to Bannon’s fortune. OTOH, it would annoy Turnip more if I paid for the book. Damn, this is a toughy.

14 Likes

I believe he’s been doing that for the most part… the problem being that he’s been starting from rear end then stopping way too early.

5 Likes

If you don’t - I’ll write you another letter?

3 Likes

See also Trotsky.

3 Likes

I hear ya, but for me it’s kinda of a no brainer; generally I don’t spend my good, hard earned money just to piss off people I don’t like - as I already do that free of charge, without even trying.

14 Likes

The best horse. Believe me.

4 Likes

I recommend Bitcorn.

8 Likes

Are you suggesting that alternative facts should be denied the protections afforded to their ordinary brethren?

1 Like

That’s the point that I’m trying to make. This book is of interest (unlike Spycatcher), but all Trump is doing is making it look even more interesting to people who wouldn’t normally want to read it and I doubt that Canada and Mexico will ban the book even if the US does.

6 Likes

Doesn’t rhyme with “Above the fruited plain.”

USA USA USA

2 Likes

I don’t have a lot of disposable income to spend… but I’ve requested an e-book from my local library system’s website. This way I get something back from my tax dollars, Wolff gets a little support for his hard work, plenty of people get to read it after me, which will piss Trump off… it’s a win for almost everyone.

17 Likes