Trump boats sink in Texas

Yachting is like standing under a cold shower tearing up thousand-dollar bills.

17 Likes
7 Likes

You don’t want a boat, you want friends with boats!

20 Likes

Captain Nemo is antifa!

(Okay, very premature anti-fascist.)

6 Likes

I dunno. I think I would have probably rather seen that. As long as they did it FAR away from ordinary civilized people.
Or better yet: give them all keys to a NASCAR stock car and let them loose on the track with first prize being a handshake with Trump. I don’t know if there is a NASCAR track around there, but I bet most of them do.

6 Likes

“We’re the party of personal responsibility! The State can’t force us to wear life jackets!”

17 Likes

I say this, but my dad has two boats. But they are small fishing boats. One for big lakes like El Dorado, and one for the local lake that has restrictions on size of boats and motors.

But they require waaaayyy less maintenance than a big boat.

5 Likes

Basically, the nautical equivalent of “Rolling Coal.”

15 Likes

I still vividly remember the 2008 Kentucky Derby, where the favorites were “Big Brown” (backed by Obama, naturally) and the filly “Eight Belles” (backed by Hillary Clinton, just as obviously).

They finished 1-2, with Big Brown in the lead. Then Eight Belles broke her two front legs and had to be euthanized on the track. Clinton dropped out of the race not long after.

I don’t approve of horse racing because exactly that kind of thing can happen. But as a connoisseur of political metaphor, it was breathtaking. So here’s hoping the same forces are at work.

11 Likes

I saw this last thing before bed last night. I don’t know why this particular one got me so hard, but I had the deepest, longest belly laugh in a long, long time.

25 Likes

He got roasted on the this. Even little old me had my tuppence (Two cents) to pitch in.

2 Likes

jw6kF41

20 Likes

15 Likes

Depends on the type of boat and local culture. If it’s a motor boat/pleasure craft, it’s basically a water car complete with steering wheel and any asshole can drive one.
The sailing crowd tends to be a bit different since you have to know what you’re doing, can’t go a million miles an hour (the joy is in taming the wind; not seeing how fast you can go and how much gas you can burn) and there’s a bit of the sense of a “boatsmanship” among old salts, especially if you’re on the coast where there’s a tradition of such. Here in Connecticut, my father-in-law keeps his sail boat in the same marina as both pleasure craft and actual working fishing boats so it’s not particularly exclusive.
That said, I also hate jet skis. Nothing ruins a day at the beach more (outside of bad weather) than a bunch of jet skis making loud noises like an aquatic motorcycle rally.

18 Likes

8 Likes

Father owned a cheap 22 ft sailboat, maybe worth 6k$ if that. Was just a small thing, but brought much joy.

And a lot of hassle. He recently sold it.

If you don’t want to be a boat asshole- just get a sailboat. You can’t make more wake than the wind or boat allows for. You get places faster the better you get at it. If you get stuck, you can use a small outboard motor to get away in most places.

Just don’t ever buy a pontoon. Those guys are assholes. You’ve never seen anyone just sitting on one- they’re always motoring somewhere, usually across someone else’s bow, like an asshole, making a large wake.

That said- these morons sunk themselves. Only people this stupid can even achieve that, bravo morons.

13 Likes

“we are dealing with terrorists”

Well, this explains the right’s hatred and mistrust of science.

They consider physics resulting from their own stupidity a terrorist act.

I love how the guy in the back has his arms crossed and is just sitting normally as his boat sinks, like he’s the real life “everything is fine” dog as his family is about to be swimming for their lives.

What absolute braindead people

16 Likes

MAGA’s Wet-Ass Posse.

12 Likes

Any boat flying a confederate battle flag must be considered an enemy warship and sunk immediately.

14 Likes

I guess it’s not surprising that given the option between “boaters were ignoring basic safety measures and sunk each other through their own wakes” and “the terrorists installed a secret wave machine in Lake Travis” the Trumpists would go with the second explanation.

26 Likes