Trump boats sink in Texas

If anybody had been killed, this would have been awful. As it is, it was an excuse for schadenfreaudic snark-scrolling on Twitter.

My contribution:

23 Likes

Itā€™s a testament to my kidā€™s tender heart and kind nature, that was her first concern when she saw me chuckling over this story.

25 Likes

Oh the humanity, or lack there of.

You sink what you reap.

3 Likes

But hey, technically not wrong: the sinking were due to the actions of a group dedicated to the destruction of America and has had members who are terroristsā€¦

#OwnGoal

14 Likes

Whoā€™s the ā€œsuckersā€ now?
Travis: 4
Trumpers: 0

3 Likes

One gets the feeling these people somehow they have ā€œgot one upā€ on the libs purely by the act of occupying their boat. ā€œSee? Iā€™m in a boat.ā€ To others boat-owners they will yell: ā€œSee? We are in our boats!ā€ Yes, I see. Yes, you are in a boat. No, it doesnā€™t ā€œoffendā€ me that you are in a boat.

Itā€™s almost as if the Republican gene selects for puerile preening and unselfreflective arrogance.

7 Likes

:notes: The bravest man was Captain Brown
For he played his ukulele as the ship went down :notes:

2 Likes

We had one go down here:

9 Likes

those comments and replies were hilarious!
man! all these trump boat ā€œmishapsā€ this weekend have been highly entertaining (so long as it remains that no one is injured - other than the foolish, selfish pride of these MAGAts).
I havenā€™t had this much schadenfreude fun since 4 July last year, sitting on the bar deck at Carribean Club (Key Largo) watching the drunks attempt docking and retrieving their boats from Blackwater Sound. Oh! and the fights! w00t! FWC, MCSO AND FHP handing out DUIs and hauling folks in. jeebus, what is it about boats?
this from a boat owner whose only flag onboard is a dive flag

10 Likes

Hey! The CSA had the first successful submarine attack, Iā€™ll have you know! Then it promptly sank.

5 Likes

I mean, isnā€™t that the point of a submarine?

7 Likes
11 Likes

I especially had to laugh at the camo flag. Not only that putting camo on a flag is incredibly tacky, itā€™s also not a good look considering his recent remarks on the military. Might just as well have flown a USPS flagā€¦

7 Likes

Correction: the sub never resurfaced again.

6 Likes

Speaking of things that should be parody but arenā€™t:

https://twitter.com/intellfusionceo/status/1302281209939189760?s=21

ā€œIntelligenceā€.

14 Likes

Itā€™s like a parody of the far right and bullshit corporate consultants!

6 Likes

trumpā€™s sunk

21 Likes

Weā€™re down to two political factions in this country: the woke on one side, and the waked on the other.

19 Likes

Iā€™d like to note that in San Diego we can and do have flotillas of hundreds of boats without having them sink each other (though thereā€™s always a few motors that die, because boats are like cats).

But thatā€™s because not everyone in San Diego is a dumbass who is completely convinced that the very essence of ā€˜freedomā€™ is in being a complete asshole to everyone around you. Boating is a mildly dangerous activity and demands some attention and courtesy, and people here are usually pretty good about that, though thereā€™s always that one guy (from Arizona).

This thing in Texas is pretty much what youā€™d expect from a group of boaters who are self-selecting for being selfish oblivious assholes - and itā€™s probably an accident there werenā€™t any actual collisions.

12 Likes

ā€œThe two happiest days in a sailorā€™s life: when they buy their boat, and when they sell it.ā€

Having just sold my 26 footer, I can confirm about the hassle. I put more hours into maintaining the boat and banking volunteer hours at the club than I did sailing it.

On the plus side, I bought the 1983-vintage boat in 2006, and sold it for about the same price as I paid for it (not counting club dues, brokerā€™s commission, maintenance and improvements, etc. etc.). So one neednā€™t be rich to enjoy sailing.

Iā€™m as big a sail snob as anyone, but I can testify that assholes can readily adapt to sailboats.

7 Likes