Trump campaign ejects reporter from Trump Tower after overhearing him speaking in Spanish

[Read the post]

3 Likes

Oh man, I would love to see this guy at the UN…

11 Likes

wow really? considering how many people speak Spanish now, that is kind of stupid.

4 Likes

So, the fact that TV Azteca is a Mexican media group was just…

…

…

… they never checked it, right?

24 Likes

And you’d think this would count as a hate crime, or something?

1 Like

When your own Secret Service detail says you’re an asshole you’ve got a real problem.

Also I wonder how many members of the Secret Service speak Spanish. They just have to make sure never to do it where Mr. Trump might overhear them.

30 Likes

If I was assigned to his detail, I don’t think I’d speak a word of English.

Now I’m wondering if the hate is directed only at Spanish speakers, or if he forbids his wife to call her parents in his presence?

13 Likes

18 Likes

Hair-trigger xenophobia… no wonder his followers like him so much! He’s just like them!

5 Likes

For me it goes beyond stupid. If the issue with Trump was just plain stupidity it would be funny and we could spend years dutifully chuckling about it every time someone made a stale cultural reference to one of these moments (as people tend to do – I feel like “Who am I? How did I get here?” gets far more callbacks by people of my age than it deserves).

No, this is just another example of his egomaniacal nature that would be many times more harmful if he was actually President. Just another example that his supporters will shrug at because at least he has balls and says what he thinks.

3 Likes

Makes me wonder who’s doing research for him.

8 Likes

I know the image it’s referring to, but with this bit from the end of the article…

“he trumpeted a taco bowl”

Now I can’t get out of my head images of someone playing a trumpet at a taco bowl, or playing a taco bowl like a trumpet…

4 Likes

So Marcos is an expat?

Q: What’s the difference between an expat and an immigrant?
A: An expat is white.

15 Likes

Or does this have to do with disappointment in BB?

4 Likes

dios mĂ­o, que pelotudo.

14 Likes

You left out the definition of expatriate as a noun, which is essentially the same as the first for immigrant. It was clearly a joke on the connotations of “immigrant” in American politics, and one I found pretty funny. Cool your jets.

8 Likes

That’s what struck me. You do a high-visibility interview cancellation because an overheard phone call tips you off that the interviewer just isn’t volkisch enough; but you don’t spend 30 seconds noticing that ‘TV Azteca’ sounds like it might cater to a Latin American market?

Was the last-moment snub intentionally highly visible, or are Trump’s WWF-and-Miss-America honed stage management skills getting a little flabby?

10 Likes

whispering to GOP & Priebus

The presumptive nominee may have a significant, untreated mental health impairment. Ask yourself, how would anyone know?

2 Likes

I thought you made a good point. Sad thing is, it’s more than a joke:

Why are white people expats when the rest of us are immigrants?

Africans are immigrants. Arabs are immigrants. Asians are immigrants. However, Europeans are expats because they can’t be at the same level as other ethnicities. They are superior. Immigrants is a term set aside for ‘inferior races’.

11 Likes

And here I thought that he never closed his own mouth long enough to hear anyone else speak.

9 Likes