Trump campaign ejects reporter from Trump Tower after overhearing him speaking in Spanish

I suspect it’s his publicist.

6 Likes

And not just Europeans. For south americans, “expat” is reserved for certain countries, or really, for certain ethnicities from certain countries: white Argentinians, Brazilians, Chileans, Uruguayans.

And really, it’s even more extreme: it’s only for people whose ancestors are from Northern Europe.

(Full disclosure: I’m a green-eyed Argentinian “expat.”)

5 Likes

Are you sure it isn’t a cat or a pigeon or something?

2 Likes

Yeah exactly. Sometimes a joke points out an unfortunate truth.

6 Likes

John Miller?

3 Likes

You still definitely have to be the Right Sort Of Person to qualify at all; but ‘expat’ also seems to have some secondary tinges concerned with how long you intend to be one: somebody here for a summer or a ‘gap year’ on a tourist/work visa or tourist visa with some unofficial work on the side isn’t an expat, even if they are of sterling whititude; and the longer one stays/the more roots one puts down the more likely one is to be classified back to ‘immigrant’(especially if you are dead or it was a long time ago: “My grandfather was an English expat.” just sounds weird no matter how impeccably waspy he was). There doesn’t seem to be a specific hard cut-off point where you either have to prove your continued mobility or be classified as an immigrant; but ‘expat’ generally conveys the impression that one either does or could move about as personal preference or professional advancement dictate, so while nobody comes around and strips you of expat status directly, the longer your continuous stay, the presence of a local spouse and/or family, and definitely dying in your new country of residence all raise the odds that you’ll be an ‘immigrant’ when spoken of in the past tense.

2 Likes

I snickered.

7 Likes

Y’know, I didn’t even notice the pun. Besides, calling that… thing “hair” probably counts as verbal assault upon a helpless noun.

4 Likes

Each time I think this Cheetoh-colored Bozo can’t sink lower, I’m proven wrong.

2 Likes

If one eats a quantity of Cheetos and then doesn’t wash, what choice do they (or their keyboards/pads/phone/pets/spouses) really have?

I wonder what his secret service code name is?
The real one - not what they tell the public.

9 Likes

Forgive me please the indelicacy but I think it’s “Sugar Tits.”

7 Likes

There must be a contest!

4 Likes

I found this out a few weeks ago and I’ve been trying to kickstart this meme but…

In England "trump’ is slang for fart. I suspect it is short for trumpet? Still, every time I hear the word Drumpf, I mean Trump I make a comical fart sound and I feel ever so much better.

Please America, do not put this dim-witted bigoted buffoon in the Oval Office. W did enough damage. I don’t want my grandchildren to inhabit a radioactive wasteland if at all possible.

6 Likes

I’m looking forward to the several days of flip-flopping denials and clumsy spin-doctoring on this incident.

It’s hard to imagine the Drumpf being able to dig any deeper hole for himself vis-a-vis Hispanic voters than he already has.

But that doesn’t stop me wanting to see it happen :imp:

3 Likes

I think the clear solution to restoring the ability to harmlessly laugh at Trump instead of being afraid there are enough people out there to vote him into office is to pull a Truman Show and tell him he won the campaign and then sequester him away to a sound stage where he gets to play president in his own little world and people who would actually watch him in a reality show could watch on and laugh.

The trouble would be convincing the Trump voters that he won and keeping them from expecting his policies to show up in real life and actually affect the country.

11 Likes

In England "trump’ is slang for fart. I suspect it is short for trumpet?

Trump is so powerful that his farts sound like just like an air horn. He’s a hardworker too, and kind and smart and a great leader!

6 Likes

And his supporters gleefully laugh up their sleeves.

Well, see Slovenian is okay, because they aren’t coming here to take our jobs… But yeah, probably not.

1 Like

His farts make all others sound inferior (and why yes, I’ve been waiting for just the right time to use this, why do you ask?)

6 Likes