Trump charged with 37 federal crimes

As fun as that would be, I don’t know that it’s likely… they are in rural parts of red states, and don’t want to put their employees are risk, I’m sure…

But yeah, a Dark Brandon waffle would be chocolate chips!

7 Likes

I dunno but if I were going to make a dark Brandon waffle I’d want it to be dark chocolate batter with chocolate chips and then have some kind of red/pink and blue topping component and maybe rainbow and white chocolate sprinkles and some whipped cream.

I don’t eat waffles actually though, I just like to imagine them.

10 Likes

Gritty 2024!

3 Likes

Yeah, 45 would have been too blatant. The Illuminati are sneaky like that :wink:

4 Likes

To save you a click, he wants them to give him money. “Damages,” he claims.

3 Likes

the hunger games bear gif GIF

12 Likes

He also stressed that he would not accept a plea deal unless he was presented one “where they pay me some damages.”

Am I reading this right? This motherfucker wants DOJ to pay him damages!!!1!

13 Likes

I think that there’s room for a deal here:

Trump is the sort of guy who recognizes the value of the goods and services provided by the hospitality industry; and the DoJ has the greatest enthusiasm for seeing to it that the Bureau of Prisons is assigned to provide Trump with payment in kind for as long as necessary.

Seems like a win-win to me.

8 Likes

Well, I’d be ok with them paying for his room and board for the rest of his life.

19 Likes

“I’m the world’s most innocent man but I’ll perjure myself for a bribe.”

13 Likes

The whole transition was such a shambles I wouldn’t be surprised if half of those boxes were just whatever wasn’t nailed down that they threw into whatever box was nearby on the last day. I bet Trump hasn’t even read most of what’s in there since he’s certainly not known for his curiosity or intellect and has been notorious for never reading any of briefs or other material.

It also is pretty unreal to think that of the hundreds of documents the few dozen in the indictment were the ones that the various agencies were willing to risk leaking due to the trial. There’s so many more that aren’t even covered in the indictment because of how secret they are.

Such irony that the thing that could finally take him down has to do with reading material.

12 Likes

Ooo! Introduce TFG to ChatGPT, then stand back.

3 Likes

Barr called Trump out for the likely violations of the Espionage Act, and Trump called him a “disgruntled former employee”.

No dude, he was Attorney General for the US, not you. You didn’t own the country, and you didn’t own the documents.

10 Likes

Barr really could have saved everyone a lot of trouble if he had just taken the Mueller Report more seriously. But he didn’t, so here we are…

13 Likes

Or, as Charlie Stross waggishly dubbed it, ‘artificial Boris Johnson’.

4 Likes

He took it very seriously, that’s why he made sure to get out ahead of it and call it vindication for Trump even though it was exactly the opposite.

6 Likes

I’m happy to put money in his commissary account, when the time comes. Man does not live by ramen alone.

4 Likes

The absolute narcissistic gall of this asshat just knows no bounds!!

no GIF

5 Likes

You can stop there. You are correct.

10 Likes

Photograph from WaPo this morning, apparently of security around the courthouse where the arraignment will take place:

My first thought was “These are the REAL Oath Keepers.” Two seconds later, I thought “This looks uncomfortably like a hot zone in Mexico.” So, ambivalence galore. At least they have a pickup instead of a military surplus APC.

4 Likes