Trump chickens out of the debate

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/25/trump-chickens-out-of-the-debate.html

19 Likes

Surely that would be the best time to ambush your chaotic and unprepared opponents?

Ahahah they still think they’re going to launch some sort of bullshit lawsuit and have Harris’s nomination declared illegal.

If TFG does debate her, he will get owned on live TV, and it will be glorious. If he does not debate her, he will be declaimed as a coward at every opportunity, and it will be glorious.

45 Likes

I think it is just a talking point, something for his base to say, “Yah! They are in chaos!” instead of hearing, “I am running away from her.”

27 Likes

a811c46d32b190b9b68ac7cc80d78e90

27 Likes

Cowardly, yes—but probably the smartest play available to the guy. She would mop the walls with him and his campaign knows it.

34 Likes

“For the time being” seems like it should end well before September when the next debate was planned. All the fake excuses don’t make any sense when considering the planned debate isn’t for another 6 weeks or so.

25 Likes
48 Likes

If nothing else good comes from your post, know that it triggered the first viewing of “Brave Sir Robin” by my son.

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

45 Likes

He’s “negotiating”. Looking for more favorable terms. Fuck him.

19 Likes

To mis-quote Mr. Carlin: “I wouldn’t fuck him with a stolen dick!”

16 Likes

they must not accept any (renegotiated) ‘debate’ involving fox’news’ …that’d be a total trap.

20 Likes

She needs to find a way to challenge him live because he has zero restraint and loves attention and would immediately agree.

17 Likes

Even if he hadn’t been telegraphing his intentions so hard, it’s obvious he’s running scared at this point and was wanting to avoid it, because he knows it’s not going to go well for him. (Well, it’s probably his staff that have that realization - I don’t think Trump and his ego are that self-aware.) I expect Harris and her team were expecting this and have strategies for turning it to her favor, even if it wouldn’t be nearly as advantageous as the debate itself would have been for her.

22 Likes

Well, once September 18th hits hopefully he’ll be too busy adjusting to his prison sentence for the 34 felony counts of which he was convicted to debate anyone!

22 Likes
9 Likes

Thanks. Was just thinking of this clip and thought.

“The Democratic Party is in chaos!! Let’s confuae them by running away some more”

13 Likes

He’s actually not wrong with his statement. I’m not sure I’d call it chaos but the democrats haven’t made Kamala official yet. We thought Joe was the nominee and that changed pretty quickly.

I’m excited for Kamala but I ain’t falling for it again until they make it official.

But after she’s nominated if he’s refuses to debate a woman that can’t be good for him.

He could have just released a statement with the last sentence.

“Given the continued political chaos surrounding Crooked Joe Biden and the Democrat Party, general election debate details cannot be finalized until Democrats formally decide on their nominee. There is a strong sense by many in the Democrat Party - namely Barack Hussein Obama - that Kamala Harris is a Marxist fraud who cannot beat President Trump, and they are still holding out for someone “better.” Therefore, it would be inappropriate to schedule things with Harris because Democrats very well could still change their minds.”

7 Likes

“A big strong man came up to me, with tears in his eyes, and said “Sir, I’m scared of the mean lady”, and I realized I was looking into a mirror…”

22 Likes

bwawkbwawk

31 Likes

Forgot the bandage. Sell the chicken with a bandage and his followers will start wearing them :joy:

14 Likes