Trump immediately tried to weasel out of debating Harris

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/22/trump-immediately-tried-to-weasel-out-of-debating-harris.html

7 Likes

One is an accomplished prosecutor. The other is a convicted felon. Guess which one is running with the party of “Law and Order?”

38 Likes

It feels good to be on the offensive with the other side scrambling and unsure of how to react.

24 Likes

Speaking of weasels, has anyone ever seen Troomp do a real laugh?

ezgif-6-73fb0eaa6c

20 Likes

Oh, he’ll debate. This is just the typical song and dance. Protest the terms of everything, and make “just doing what you said you’d do” an onerous concession that makes everyone indebted to you. This is what he always does. This isn’t a change in his behavior- it’s him riding the headlines and trying to control the narrative.

18 Likes

FTFY.

16 Likes

I don’t think he knows how to. But then again, I’ve never seen anyone tell a really racist joke in his presence.

12 Likes

Can’t say that I have. His expressions of mirth are confined to smirks (his signature tight lips, wrinkled chin), almost always at someone’s expense.

And there you have it. I’ll bet it’s belly laughs a-go-go for him when he’s sitting around riffing with Stephen Miller.

15 Likes

They should probably schedule the next debate before his sentencing in New York on his felony convictions, which is scheduled for September 18th. I suspect she’d prefer not to go to a prison to participate in the debate.

16 Likes

Deep down, all bullies are poltroons.

8 Likes

“Slopadopolous”?

Seems like a long-lost Sesame Street character…

4 Likes

If she does get to debate him she needs to open by thanking him for his suoport.

And I don’t think this is the own that boebert thinks it is.

18 Likes

Has his signature lost some teeth over the years?

12 Likes

Yep. No agreement is final with him, just a starting point for getting further concession.

6 Likes

TFG is now demanding the GOP is reimbursed for all the attack ads they ran targeting Biden:

He’s so predictably pathetic.

18 Likes

Campaigning against the President?

But candidates are campaigning FOR themselves. Aren’t they? :man_shrugging: /s

10 Likes

If Trump and Harris do debate, I hope she’ll invite Stormy to sit in the front row. And if the VPs debate, I hope the Dem will invite a couch and put it in the front row.

2 Likes

Not the first time someone named WT Sherman said that. :wink:

7 Likes

Shit, judging by the last 24 hours or so Harris could probably afford to (not an argument that she should, mind, that would be absurd)

7 Likes

Someone should ask Trump, “So if you go to jail and can’t be president, will you send money to progressive groups who similarly “fraudulently” spent money trying to defeat you?”

5 Likes