Trump commands anyone who is not a "Christian conservative" to identify themselves

Technical disqualification on the beer since both of those are now owned by foreign conglomerates. Just shrug and say, “Meh, I just drink whatever’s local, eh? That’s how you know where it comes from.”

3 Likes

As Canadian as universal health care, maple syrup, and Kraft Dinner.

11 Likes

Nope. Well yes, but not what we are looking for.

3 Likes

poutine?
Club Super Sexe?

7 Likes

raises hand

stands up

“Yeah?”

I’m ready for your Christ.

Are you ready for mine?

Mine stands up. Mine leads by example. Mine is for gay marriage. Mine is accepting of EVERYBODY. Yours?

Mine doesn’t give a shit about abortion, for the flock is overeating the planet CURRENTLY>.

Mine is sick of war in Syria. He’d end it now with a threat: I mean it.

Mine wants us to seek Europa and that planet we found close by.

Mine sees no lines, no colors, no bank accounts, no profits, and no economic disparity on earth. Yours?

Mine beats yours with martial arts, mtf.

That’s all, period. drops mike

picks up mike

“Um, don’t elect that guy, please. Thank you.”

drops mike squared

7 Likes

Hey. We have a proud record of welcoming refugees. @monkeyoh seems sincere about her wish to join us. We only need to watch her around a certain politician. Just in case, if you know what I mean. :wink:

6 Likes

I may be interested if Trunk actually wins. Educator here; I have much to offer the world, including The Great White North, aka Canada…

AND, I’m super polite.

:wink:

4 Likes

How do you look in a red wig with pigtails?

3 Likes

Because many religious people believe that humanity is inherently evil (Sinful Nature of Man), with the exception of the chosen, who are enlightened, and cooperation threatens to remove their agency and distribute it to those evil people. Taxes distribute wealth to the undeserving. Never mind that without taxes, wealth could not be generated because (1) it is many of the undeserving who are consumers and (2) a society is necessary for commerce, and a society needs institutions and roads and stuff. Every example of corruption reinforces the idea that taxes are bad, and furthermore that unions are bad, because they remove agency from those that deserve it and protect evil people from being fired.

Gorgeous.

I always look good, because I’m good-looking, or so I’ve heard. Trust no one but yourself in that regard. And if you scurrilously find a pic of me, I’d appreciate knowing how, for I’m wont to sue the asshats hounding me…

2 Likes

There’s an interpretation of the parable of the talents where the tyrant represents G’d, and any good Christian should support tyrants, and because the tyrant keeps slaves and supports usury, any good Christian should support slavery and support usury, and the greatest possible profiteering and rent-seeking.

There’s another interpretation where the tyrant represents Herod Archaelaus and/or other historical tyrants.

Yeah, see, apologies, but could we cue sociohistorical context, please? Thank you.

A many thousand years-old text written by humans hundreds of years after the fact to political effect do not make reverence, imo. Word of God? Not a chance. Modern science shows that human memory is flawed at best, only biological at worst and subject to interpretation and influence. The Bible is neat only, imo.

YMMV.

But he had already died by the time of Iesus’s preaching.

Herod Antipas seems like another candidate; he was ruler in Galilee at the time of Iesus’s preaching, and had some influence in the Roman province too.

Indeed. Still minutiae. Herod Archelaus had no accountability.

Remember the adage to the effect that the conqueror creates the history? It applies here. Does this mean I discount all history? No, just those religious histories that seek to direct my current planet. We need current thinking, not recycled allegories. That’s all.

Just my imo.

1 Like

Sorry, I thought you were asking about the context, so I discussed that.

What are you talking about?

From the Hymn of the Word, to Philo, to the Trinitarian controversies, I don’t think anyone used “Word of G’d” to refer to certain scriptures.

Well, yes. But the fact that some people use the parable of the talents to justify tyranny has little or nothing to do with the fact that our memories are flawed and Matthew and Luke were composed decades after the fact.

1 Like

Okay, see, please forgive me, but I see you keep referring to the same thing: parable of the talents. You’re playing the same tape, man, over and over and over and over, and it still doesn’t make it right…apologies.

Please be welcomed to the 21st Century:

Yay!

P.S. To your point: “What are you talking about?”: I’m talking about the fundamental crust of your faith. You put WAY TOO MUCH faith in the adulterated “word of G’d” you speak of. Waitiminutes, you can’t even say God? WTF is up with that?

…Sooory.

12 Likes

Pretty sure you meant “Sore-ee”

6 Likes

Flag withdrawn for good intentions.

2 Likes