Trump commands anyone who is not a "Christian conservative" to identify themselves

No and no. Sorry, eh.

4 Likes

As Canadian as a mouse in a beer bottle!

8 Likes

As Canadian as Mounties!

5 Likes

As Canadian as Timmies!

4 Likes

What are you talking about?

Apart from mocking my spelling of nomina sacra, you seem to be… mocking what you assume I’m saying, which is sometimes the complete opposite of what I’m saying… which is obnoxious all around.

e.g. I point out how certain groups fixate on that story to justify tyranny, and you complain that I’m fixating on that story, because I’m mentioning how they use it.

e.g. [quote=“Indubitably, post:97, topic:86502”]
You put WAY TOO MUCH faith in the adulterated “word of G’d” you speak of.
[/quote]

By the “adulterated Word of G’d,” I take it you mean the bible [because how could G’d be adulterated?]. But as I thought I made clear, neither early Christians nor contemporary Jews identified the Word with any set of scriptures:

You’re in line for the coveted Busy Beaver award, but no x3. Random guessing is unlikely to provide the answer. You aren’t thinking like a Canadian.

3 Likes

I’m assuming I can just move to “British” Columbia after the election without needing to do any annoying paperwork.

5 Likes

As Canadian as Brenda?

1 Like

Me too!

Given the symbolic richness of the notion, the term “cargo cult” is also used metaphorically in business and science to describe a particular type of causative fallacy—most often describing a situation where belief or effort are misdirected due to a flawed model of causation.

4 Likes

Hard to tell with those short fingers

8 Likes

I assume from your question that you are British. You do realize you would actually be moving closer to America, don’t you? Is this a post-Brexit thing?

But no. Contrary to popular opinion in BC, BC is actually part of Canada. You might be able to get resident status in Victoria, which is a sort of holding camp for displaced Brits.

Who?

4 Likes

I currently reside just south of BC.

Brenda is what Private Eye magazine calls QE2.

5 Likes

From Wikipedia

Private Eye, the British satirical magazine, has given the royal family working-class nicknames, as though they were characters in a soap opera. Queen Elizabeth II’s nickname is “Brenda”.

5 Likes

Ah, the old lady on our money. So not Canadian at all.

We’ve just had a gaggle of royals and their minions disrupting the normal news cycle in the past few days. Maybe they’re scouting out possible locations to resettle as well.

5 Likes

The main difference I’ve noted in Canadians is the lack of extremes. In the US, things are Awesome or Horrifying while in Canada they are good or bad. The most Canadian thing I’ve ever seen was a form asking how my trip was. Bad, Adequate, and Good were the three options. In the US it would be ranked from 1-10 and everyone would go through it just giving out 7s.

Therefore, I have to suggest:
As Canadian as Adequate.

11 Likes

Not bad. You may be learning our ways after all. As a reward, here’s a test question. Answer it correctly and I’ll give you a hint.

Q. You come to a fork in the road. A sign pointing to the right says “Heaven”. A sign pointing to the left says “Panel Discussion On Heaven”. Which road do you choose?

9 Likes

Left, you want to know what you’re getting into before you commit.

9 Likes

Well done. You may already be a Canadian. Here’s a hint just for you. (No peeking, anyone else. That wouldn’t be fair.)

Here in the Great White North, we don’t just wander the bush searching for things. Instead we have special engines that do it for us.

5 Likes

Another phrase not used in the US. Bush, heh, heh. (I’m picking up what your laying down.)

3 Likes

Only a single entendre, I assure you.

2 Likes