Trump commutes Roger Stone's prison sentence

Yes. Pleading the 5th is to avoid self-incrimination. If you’ve already been convicted of the crime, you have no protection against self-incrimination (for that crime). That is why prosecutors can pull people from prison to testify against their partners in crime.

12 Likes

Thanks for the clarification, any idea if there’s some strand of a silver lining within that detail?

2 Likes

Stone basically dictated the terms of how he’d not be punished for his crimes to the president, which just adds another layer of bullshit to the whole thing:

16 Likes

Not until 2021, unfortunately

2 Likes

There are no conservative capitals. Try it: counties with lots of people vote democrat, with few exceptions.

5 Likes

10 Likes

This is “last days of office” shit. To do it now suggests contempt for the possibility of ever being in that position.

2 Likes

I do not like that fact and therefore I cannot hit the heart button for that, I will simply say, thank you. :wink:

3 Likes

No, that’s a pardon. A commutation just shortens your sentence. Trump essentially reduced his unserved sentence to zero. When Ford pardoned Nixon, he wasn’t even accused of any crimes at that point.

6 Likes

I would argue that there may be some polonium in his future, but the more chaos and disorder Stone can cause, the more the power and standing of the US decreases, so it’s all good for papi Vlad.

3 Likes

If brought on to the stand, I’m sure he’d simply swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, or so help him, God; and then go straight ahead and perjure himself again.

4 Likes

It was never more than half alive to begin with. For some, there’s never been justice in this country. See: George Floyd, killed by cops over $20 while this smug, arrogant, vile piece of shit walks free tonight.

13 Likes

His owner told him to.

(like trump, stone is a big fan of vladimir)

3 Likes

Christ, what assholes.

1 Like

meanwhile, not photoshopped…

19 Likes

If you are going to be a criminal it is best to be part of Trump’s gang. If the capo dei capi is happy with you he can always do a favor.

2 Likes

Fucking gangsters, the whole lot of them.

13 Likes

(How - here of all places - has this not been said yet?)

This is banana republic shit [just look at it] - we can all agree on that, right?

9 Likes

He didn’t. He commuted the sentence. An important distinction.

2 Likes

Thanks for not posting that stupid fucking picture of him doing the Nixon “I am not a crook” pose as the lead, that’s exactly what he wants.

1 Like