Trump completely submarines his own legal strategy

Originally published at: Trump completely submarines his own legal strategy | Boing Boing

9 Likes

52d4308e06e075ae1355223409aeef5f_w200

That’s not much of an IQ test.

9 Likes

Can/will Jack Smith and Co use his truth social posts and TV interviews against him? In my eyes, trump is his own worst enemy, but it doesn’t matter if it isn’t used to actually harm him.
Fingers crossed that he actually gets his comeuppance one day, and doubly so if his own words finally take a big bite out of his ass.

10 Likes

Trump has been ignoring sound legal advice for years, but in the past he’s largely won the long game because he didn’t really need to prevail on the legal merits as long as he prevailed politically. Whether that strategy (insomuch as it can be called an intentional “strategy”) works this time around depends entirely on who wins the next round of elections.

Stay vigilant.

17 Likes

“Submarines?”

Yellow Submarine GIF by The Beatles

7 Likes

Yeah, absolutely. It’s public record. They’ve already used his tweets to secure an injunction against him speaking publicly about the classified docs in discovery. Fani Willis can as well in Georgia

I’ve been trying to wrap my head around what (the fuck) he is thinking doing this. First off, it is definitely not him being magnanimous and trying to help out the other defendants; his rotted brain just does not work that way. The second option is him trying to convince the “court of public opinion” that he is still a resolute and authoritative leader to secure the election; he’s shown his complete inability to grasp the legal implications of anything, ever, but bullshit and bluster has also worked for him for 77 years, so. Running out the clock on the Federal trials and winning the election, then pardoning himself is the best strategy (and also the worst for democracy and the rule of law), but I can’t see how any of this helps him in Georgia.

10 Likes

He is a rich, old, privileged, white male that has never faced consequences for his words or actions. He has always been able to weasel or pay his way out. 77 years of bluster and bullshit is his identity, his damn being. So ingrained, that he probably doesn’t even know any different, especially when playing it up to his supporters.

14 Likes

You keep presuming that he is thinking anything.

4 Likes

Yeah, you know, ‘survives under water’ as opposed to ‘sinks’. Odd choice of phrase, I agree.
Maybe it’s a reference to more recent, less successful submarines?

I could not watch the video - wtf is he on about Obama for?

I’m guessing “torpedos” was the intended word.

7 Likes

He resents Obama for being a powerful Black man

It’s the reason Trump joined the Republican Party

16 Likes

Let’s take a moment to appreciate this skewering:

10 Likes

Did I read it correctly that he says Biden is leading the US into WWII and there are currently bread rationing? Senile is not the issue, I’d go with Alzheimer’s.

2 Likes

giphy

4 Likes

They can. There’s an exception to the hearsay rule for party opponent admissions.

There’s a suggestion that Welker was trying to bait him by saying, you consulted others about this, right? This wasn’t all your idea? Trump’s ego is so fragile he took the bait because he couldn’t bear the thought that something wasn’t completely his idea and he should get all the credit. Ironically, this is how Bart and Lisa got Sideshow Bob to admit he rigged the Springfield mayoral election.

16 Likes

Both my joke response and my serious best guess involve him being jealous that others are stealing the limelight by also getting criminally charged and treated like serious conspirators when he clearly deserves to be the main character, surrounded by irrelevant NPCs.

12 Likes

chiefly US, though.

6 Likes

Trump’s lawyers - keep ‘em coming!

6 Likes
16 Likes

… his lizard brain is aware that he demonstrates the most “alpha” power not by being innocent but by breaking all the rules in front of everybody and suffering no consequences :thinking:

11 Likes