Trump congratulated Superbowl winners Kansas City Chiefs who "represented the Great State of Kansas"

I grew up not liking Missouri for three reasons.

1. My dad griping at Missouri drivers when visiting my grandma in KC

2. They were a slave state and came over to Kansas to try to make us a slave state.

3. This puzzle I had as a kid that had all the states on them had Missouri with a pig on it, and I hate pigs.

Now that I live here - it isn’t all bad. Then again I am 30 min from my home state.

3 Likes

And this, children, is how government policy happens!

I find #1 amusing, because growing up in Missouri my parents always complained about Kansas drivers. Actually, not Kansas in general, but Johnson County, Kansas in particular.

This unfortunate statement just goes to show how an old adage can survive tortuous mutation: two wrongs don’t make two rights!

We have perfectly good beaches here, no need to go to Florida (although I guess if you live in south west GA, you’re probably closer to the panhandle)… :woman_shrugging: #teamtybee

4 Likes

You really make an excellent point. There is never, ever any silver lining to a tweet from Trump.

1 Like

EP1JSSnVAAI8mQH.jpeg

10 Likes

Bit subtle, but I am sure you’ll see it

2 Likes

Now that I live here, I agree Johnson Co is part of the problem…

LOL Senate Republicans passing a “Sense of the Senate Resolution” that the Chiefs belong to Kansas too and then pundits being all “but the city does straddle two states.” And then the NYT editorials being all “Democrats Lack Civility in Kansas Misunderstanding.”

— Brian Schatz (@brianschatz)

I will say that the Cherokee-staffed welcome center and rest stop just across the border from Sherman, TX is top notch

2 Likes

Missouri is awesome. There, I said it.

Kansas is awesome, too.

And, BTW, Janelle Monae is from KCK. Ease up, haterz

1 Like

Also: Both KC and Kansas were named after the Kansas River. Which is locally often called the Kaw, to make things even more confusing

1 Like
9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.