Trump congratulated Superbowl winners Kansas City Chiefs who "represented the Great State of Kansas"

Their biggest win in the last few years was getting rid of Diving Dom Dwyer…

1 Like

Trump just made most of the commentary on the Super Bowl be about Trump.

1 Like

I’ll call your bluff on the perks of Kansas.

1. BBQ – One could call Kansan BBQ good if they’ve never had any other BBQ anywhere else. It’s candied meat and far too sweet for regular human consumption. Unlike everyone else, Kansans have yet to learn that BBQ is much much better when you actually caramelize the sugar in BBQ sauce. They might as well just use ketchup. Furthermore, parboiled baby back ribs are an affront to humanity and I’ve only ever had such an indignity visited upon me by Kansans.

2. Good Rest Stops – Mediocre at best.

1 Like

Let’s not exaggerate too much here.

2 Likes

This one is correct at least.

9 Likes

Never said it was the best. I much prefer Texas BBQ. But it’s better than nothing.

Better than Oklahoma.

3 Likes

And ten times better than Texas. I can attest.

5 Likes

Atchison, repreSENT!

2 Likes

I got several friends who went to school there at the private school.

5 Likes

I wish this map included the strength of the hatred—I bet the KS/MO hate would be among the highest

They can at least find common ground in their love of Colorado:

8 Likes

7 Likes

As a resident of flyover country, I can only hope that status will spare my state a visit from the Orange Shi⊥stain during the upcoming campaign season.

Sadly, he’ll probably have at least one rally here.

At least I can go to the protest.

4 Likes

So did all my classmates!

Can confirm :slightly_frowning_face:

They’re mostly all closed. The few exceptions are a half-dozen tipi-shaped concrete picnic shelters, with a bank of porta-poties upwind.

3 Likes

Personally, I don’t care for Texas BBQ either. Whenever I’ve tried it, I’ve found it dried out and gritty. It could be that I’ve only ever had crappy Texan BBQ, so I’m not going to paint the whole state with a broad brush, but I’m also not eager to try it again when I can make my own from various styles.

As for rest stops, saying that something is better than Oklahoma is silly. Oklahoma is such a low bar to clear that it’s a hole in the ground.

2 Likes

So… my fellow Georgians both love and hate Florida? :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Also, please note that Florida’s least favorite state is Florida :crazy_face:

7 Likes

I can understand living FL, having a love hate relationship with it… But I’d have guessed that people in GA would really dig North Carolina or something?

5 Likes

I grew up in Georgia, and it sounds about right to me, but that’s based on all the people I knew who would talk trash Florida while also vacationing there. However, I think the map says less about Georgians and more about the nexus of insanity that is Florida: nothing about that state makes sense, including Georgia’s relationship with it.

4 Likes