Trump showing off his 300 hamburgers for Clemson national championship football team 🍔 (VIDEO)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/14/trump-showing-off-his-300.html

…

6 Likes

You’ve got a broken link there due to a special character.

4 Likes

49 Likes

… fast food hamburgers. At the White House.

I would laugh but we are truly living in Idiocracy.

57 Likes

I don’t even get this. Is this some sort of “Look comrades, I like the American fast food and the football just like average American boychik yes?” thing? Do presidents usually buy crap for visiting athletes? I would have assumed that the white house kitchen would generally whip up a healthier spread for athletes.

Or is this just how he thinks “the common people” eat all the time?

Weird, just weird.

41 Likes

No, that’s what he eats

Also from that article, another nugget showing that he’s insane:

Trump enjoys a good steak. He likes them cooked well done, and served with ketchup.*

*Emphasis mine

41 Likes

Urgh, strangely not surprised.

Born with a silver spoon, apparently has traded it for a plastic spork…

53 Likes

Sure, you may sneer at all those greaseburgers, but those candelabras and platters make this the classiest, really the most elegant meal to honour those guests. Believe me.

[also, I hope those West Wing toilets are prepped and tested, because they’re about to get a major workout]

21 Likes

I like how that is clearly a table you do not put things directly on so they had to put all the burgers on the fancy serving trays.

12 Likes

I bet all the federal workers who can’t afford to feed their families wish the money to pay them was flowing as freely as the whitehouse’s. government shutdown? send the secret service and trump’s staff home first to set an example. he claims to relate to the federal workers, yet he doesn’t seem too impacted, well not that kind of impacted anyway.

12 Likes

Is the white house kitchen staff furloughed? That’s the only vague defense I got for this… but if that’s the case I’m surprised he didn’t contract out to some catering from a property he owns that he could charge 1000 or more a plate for.

20 Likes

There are no privately owned catering firms in DC that are willing to serve the President quality food at short notice? I somehow refuse to believe that.

4 Likes

class act

8 Likes

He got a little something for himself, but what are the players going to eat?

25 Likes

You think he would have piled them in the mini-van and taken them all to Chucky Cheese.

12 Likes

At a State Dinner? Even a minor one?
That’s not just a farce. That’s a damned insult.

8 Likes

Really pulling together.

2 Likes

With his credit history? I think not.

18 Likes

Yup:

54 Likes

Follow the money. Did he use cash, credit card or what?

1 Like