Trump congratulated Superbowl winners Kansas City Chiefs who "represented the Great State of Kansas"

18 Likes

against another team from the USA, in a USA-only competition.
Like the World Series, but slightly less exclusive.

7 Likes

Given how he feels about that state (and how that influences the actions of his administration) I doubt it.

3 Likes

Better luck next year, Santa Clara 49ers.

5 Likes

I feel it’s important to say: there’s a lot of cool people and places in so-called “flyover country”, and they don’t deserve the snobby dismissal that term implies.

7 Likes

My point was that Trump is exactly one of the east coast elites that feel that way, even though he campaigns as someone who isn’t.

7 Likes

Ah, I see. My bad.

1 Like

How would you feel if you lived somewhere, and your town’s team made it to the Superbowl, and for the first time in 50 years actually WON, and then the town in the state next to yours got credit on the national stage instead?

13 Likes

Especially when you have a history of rivalry and violent conflict with the state next to yours that goes back even before they were a state.

5 Likes

10 Likes
5 Likes

The Internet tells me it looks like a steak.

STEAK

15 Likes

Obviously not the sharpest Sharpie in the box.

3 Likes

I know, at this point we expect something more like this.

print

12 Likes

Kansas City is in the news agai- oh, god damn it.

I mean it is pretty common knowledge that the Chiefs are in Missouri. Though I suppose you could congratulate both states as they do share the metro area.

“Why do they call it Kansas City if if’s in Missouri? Here, let me see that map.”

– squeak, squeak –

“There, fixed it.”

11 Likes

Does this mean we’re now dead meat?:cold_sweat:

or maybe…

“A hot stake [sic] is better than a cold chop!”
–Curly, The Three Stooges

2 Likes

Can’t find anything about that, but it’s kinda hard to search for, because the Kansas keyword pops up in any article about the Kansas City Royals anyway.

Also that was 2015, it just feels like it was 15 years ago instead of 5 with the way things have been going lately…

1 Like

Okay, THIS is the kind of brainwashing that makes me sure Trump is going to win again in 2020. Billionaire New Yorker doesn’t know where Kansas City is, but it’s the “East coast establishment” that looks stupid here for nitpicking him about it.

6 Likes

That’s OK. Keep trying. You can do it. We believe in you!

6 Likes

Having spent my entire life on the Missouri side of KC, I speak for no one but myself, but congratulating Kansas is flat out wrong. When Sporting KC gets another big win, we can congratulate Kansas.

11 Likes