Trump continues to separate fools from their money

Originally published at: Trump continues to separate fools from their money | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Funny how this “billionaire” always needs other people’s money.

18 Likes

I remember the story of him admiring how TV preachers can just get up there and ask for money, “Man, that’s some racket.”

This is almost a better hustle-- the more he gets investigated the more he can beg for money.

14 Likes

He shares that characteristic withthe God of the evangelical preachers who support him, per George Carlin.

8 Likes

Probably using fundraising to launder money.

5 Likes

Maybe someday they will realize that they have been scamed and turn on him.

1 Like

18 Likes

Not holding my breath.

3 Likes

On the one hand, I hate that Trump is being given money. On the other hand, that’s money which is no longer available to be spent doing something politically constructive for the Republicans, so… win?

5 Likes

Even if they should realize they have been scammed they will never turn on him.
They will blame “the bad people” that were around him.

2 Likes

On the gripping hand, that money could have gone to better purposes in the first place.

2 Likes

That’s the one thing he’s really good at.

2 Likes

Or maybe they just keep on believing, and adjusting their beliefs every time they fail.

3 Likes

The key word there is “could”.

I’m still on his mailing list from the time I joined to get tickets to one of his rallies so me and my daughter could heckle him.

All of the emails I still get from him link to the GOP RNC fundraising site.

So the money people donate may be going to other candidates.

1 Like

Given the money was in the hands of Trump-supporters, I don’t think it could have, though.

Though in this case it’s money Trump raised directly through channels that feed only to him. And more often than not, based on what I’m reading, I suspect the money channels with Trump’s actual name on them work in that direction - Trump raising money on the backs of various issues (and ostensibly for various causes/political races), but with all the money secretly going directly into his own pocket. There’s been friction between Trump and the Republican party over the issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.