Trump currently displays "Weekend at Bernie's" energy

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/01/trump-currently-displays-weekend-at-bernies-energy.html

9 Likes

I want Trump to go to jail rather than die, but since he’s definitely not going to jail before the election, I’m starting to hope that the “Weekend at Bernie’s” energy ends up being more than just an energy, and more a description of his situation…

14 Likes

what’s with the blinking? is he held hostage and trying send an SOS. Also gold fringe on the flag? It’s not the real Donald or something. It’s the naval Donald.

11 Likes

It’s probably a dogwhistle to his supporters that he isn’t a real felon, or something.

10 Likes

s

But… but… his “street cred” has reached a whole new level! Being a convicted felon means he’ll get all the black voters.

/s

12 Likes

It would be great if he could spend the rest of his life in prison with no access to any form of press or social media, ranting and fuming, yelling at the walls.

Honestly, I don’t care what, how, or why; I will be glad when DJT is out of the public sphere once and for all.

It’s absurd how much attention the media gives to that spoiled manbaby.

12 Likes

Especially once he gets a gold grill. :roll_eyes:

“Come here fellas,” Trump said after introducing the two men and shaking their hands.

Williams, or Sheff G, said, “One thing I want to say, they’re always gon’ whisper your accomplishments and shout your failures. Trump gon’ shout the wins for all of us.”

Sleepy Hallow then added, “Make America great again.”

Trump thanked them and praised Sheff G’s grills, saying, “I gotta get my teeth like that. I want that to happen to me.”

10 Likes

You know, Don - a real tough guy would give the judge a piece of his mind when making his statement to the court at sentencing.

Take no prisoners- show him who’s boss!

24 Likes

I’m voting for the stocks, perhaps in the middle of Fifth Avenue.

7 Likes

Something legal experts pointed out yesterday that raised my spirits a bit. Even if Trump is only sentenced to probation, that generally comes with two conditions that would really cramp Trump’s style: 1) Having to clear all out-of-state travel through a parole officer, and 2) Not associating with any other known felons.

21 Likes

Wow, I’m apparently not up to date on Michael Steele’s career, but MSNBC would not have been my first guess.

Also; Michael Steele referring to trump as “tiny hands” :joy::rofl::joy:

9 Likes

Man, that condition really could hamper his actions quite a bit.

https://www.axios.com/2024/03/07/trump-associates-prison-sentence-crimes-list

13 Likes

Was going to say, doesn’t that mean that even a pardoned felon is still a felon? (I’m sure they/the campaign will ignore it, until someone who can make sure that they don’t, does so)

6 Likes

It is difficult for me to think of someone of such dramatic embonpoint as “frail.” His mind, on the other hand, has certainly always been frail.

10 Likes

“I donald.of.the.family.trump the flesh and blood man, the sovereign man, the man with great genes, many people are saying…”

8 Likes

I learned a new word. Thanks!

5 Likes

‘Weekend at Bernie’s’ energy (or, more properly, lack thereof)?

I wish. Not accurately enough, he fucking doesn’t.

4 Likes

Yeah, iirc that’s one of the weird irrelevant details that sovereign citizen whackjobs like to focus on, which means it’s probably going to drive QAnon crazies into a frenzy.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t entirely put it past him, honestly. Donald’s consistently been giving his lawyers instructions that work against his interests, after all. I just read some legal analysis of the case in the NYTimes, and they made the point that the case could have been won by Trump if he had undermined a key claim - that Trump, while he was in the White House, knew about and directly signed off on the business document fraud. And his lawyers did try to create doubt about that - but the problem was, they also wasted their time trying to create doubt about everything else that was asserted, even though none of it was actually relevant to the legal charges. There have been numerous reports that Trump constantly pushes his lawyers to attack witnesses and deny everything - which is exactly what they did, resulting in muddying his defense and totally destroying their credibility with the jury. Donald Trump’s bad, self-destructive instincts, his need to lash out, lost his trial more than anything.

It’ll be humiliating, even though they’ll probably just rubber-stamp whatever he wants. The bit that really tickles me is that other countries will now deny him entry as a convicted felon. So those foreign business deals? His overseas properties (e.g. the Scottish golf course)? Unless he gets elected a second time, chances are good he’s never going to see them again.

5 Likes

It introduced itself to me in an 1840s novel. tophat-biggrin

3 Likes