Trump Department of Labor pick is a foreign labor exec who's brought "over 40,000" cheap workers to the USA

I never understood how a barrel plus suspenders was cheaper or easier than an old union suit or poncho. Did anyone ever really wear a barrel or was it entirely a comedic vaudeville trope?

2 Likes

The template for all presidential reporting for the next four years

Trump surprises no one when he does the opposite of what he said he would do. People respond as if surprised.

3 Likes

Well, we were specifically told that we should take authoritarians at their word.

Sounds like she’s been disappeared.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Duh, Trump wants everything “fixed” for his buddies.

1 Like

I like that the statement assumes that hippies are necessarily leftists.

1 Like

I know right!

Volunteering is a great way to disabuse one of thinking the ideology coexists with the trappings.

Helping at a soup kitchen and hearing someone talk about the “poor decisions” of the persons we were serving to, or the guy someone met at a rainbow gathering named “Fox” or something who demanded to take pictures of the persons we were distributing to in the cold and the rain, entirely for vainglory. When a few respectful persons complained that they didn’t want their pictures taken, Fox barked back that it was in exchange for their supper… no. Everybody deserves food, everybody deserves dignity, these shitty hippies can fuck right off. They wear the crusty tie-die, they have the dreads, but the heart is all moldy.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.