Trump doesn't know what the US death toll from coronavirus is

Geez, tough crowd. So, our President either doesn’t know or doesn’t care about basic facts regarding the world’s biggest crisis.

Can we at least give him credit for his makeup being on point today?!

3 Likes

God, I hope trump has a heart attack and that’s the last we see of him.

3 Likes

Let me guess, people who have loved ones among that number,
or people afraid that they may find themselves included?

6 Likes

He’s not listening, why would he do that?

1 Like

He won’t listen to doctors and scientists, maybe he will to these guys?

3 Likes

One common thread I see through a lot of his horrible behavior is that once he does get an idea lodged in his head It is impossible for him to change that idea based on new information.

If he saw an early weather forecast that suggested a hurricane might hit Alabama, or heard a rumor that Ukraine hacked the election, or was informed that 11 Americans died of Coronavirus, or remembers someone telling him in 1984 that he had two sons now, then no amount of subsequent information will convince him otherwise.

6 Likes

They don’t care at all if the the number is 11 or 14. Or 25. Or 359. They care about their life, or their loved ones.

I think that it’s a problem with being wrong. Like Trump took in that 11 people died and would have had no problem learning that 11 had now become 14. But now that people have called Trump out on being wrong about 11 there is going to be a week long sharpie-laced fight justifying why Trump was right to say 11 at the time.

7 Likes

What you missed here is the trailing phrase “for long.”

2 Likes

A distinction without a fiblegiblepants?

Should I have said: “exact” instead of “actual”?

The man has a history of not paying attention to things that aren’t about him.

It’s one thing to be a fan of a famous TV guy that drops wild statements. It’s another thing to have someone represent you when he clearly doesn’t give a shit about you.

2 Likes

Is that someone clapping half way through?

Given that he tends to massively inflate any numbers that make him look good, I can see him unconsciously shrinking any number that he thinks might make him look bad.

We can assume that when the (US) mortality rate reaches 1000 (given the current ~7 day doubling rate of the all but unchecked infection, approximately 3-4 weeks from now) he will insist it is about 100. In June or July when up to half a million people have died he will definitely underestimate that as well.

This is fucking terrifying and we need people who have some concept of ‘This is serious’ and ‘This is not about me’ to be in charge. But we don’t.

3 Likes

Trump doesn’t know care what the US death toll from coronavirus is.

4 Likes

I’ll take that bet. He knows whether they are “way up,” or “way down,” but he definitely doesn’t know the actual numbers.

3 Likes

Coronavirus deaths are like golf scores to him. Something to be understated. (Lied about)

1 Like

Or he’s being uncharacteristically honest and he’s not Barron’s dad.

4 Likes

It’s contained, people. No need to fret.

5 Likes

"This came unexpectedly, it came out of China, we closed it down, we stopped it, it was a very early shut down,” he told reporters this morning. Trump’s chief economic adviser, Larry Kudlow, declared on CNBC, “I would still argue to you that this thing is contained.”

Dated today March 6! How the hell can he say that with a straight face? We still don’t even know what we don’t know! This kind of shit is how we are getting “why worry, it’s just like a cold” from some who should really know better. We are so screwed.

12 Likes