Trump doesn't realize that outside his MAGA cult, no one likes him

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/30/trump-doesnt-realize-that-outside-his-maga-cult-no-one-likes-him.html

12 Likes

And somehow the frosting on the $#|+ cake is how many spineless republicans don’t like him, might even detest him, yet in the media get away with saying the absolute opposite. Mostly out of fear of reading heavily skewed or even paid-for falsified polling.

16 Likes

Soembody said that Trump is from New York but not of it.

19 Likes

Oh no! People who like to commit fraud won’t bring their business here?!

22 Likes

Businesses are leaving, and people are fleeing.

As much as I’d prefer to see him suffer the consequences of his actions, if he decides to flee the country to escape “persecution,” some other country is welcome to have him.

12 Likes

Christ, what a cretinous asshole. Did he “think” that crowd chanting “New York hates you!” outside von bankrupt tower was teasing?

12 Likes

22 Likes

That is a pretty major concern if you are trying to run a financial services sector. I suspect that smarter and less vulgar con men won’t be too intimidated, though.

7 Likes

I suspect you’re right - considering it took a lot of flagrant bullshit, and Trump putting himself and his dealings under a spotlight by running for President for serious consequences to start slowly heading his way.

12 Likes

Trump’s entire life story is explained by the fact that he has always been desperate to be accepted and admired by a NY social elite who hate and despise him all the more for his cringey attempts to gain their respect. Also, racism.

18 Likes

He’s the Ted Cruz of ex-presidents.

21 Likes

… “mobbed-up real-estate asshole” was always a standard New York City character class, but they have never been a majority

13 Likes

Yep, although Cancun (or anywhere in Mexico) would not be on Trump’s list when deciding where to escape to. He’d seek a different kind of ‘getaway adventure’.

8 Likes

… perhaps somewhere with plenty of vodka and rubles? /snark

8 Likes

And Slavic blondes.

6 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0InaLujzph0

Incidentally I got to see Rob Paulsen perform “Nations of the World” live back in March. Great performance, and an incredibly nice and friendly man.

8 Likes

These people fleeing, are they perchance affiliated with the Trump family and its various criminal enterprises?

12 Likes

What if the wall was a long con by Mexico to keep Trump in? They probably want the States to only send their best, which wouldn’t include convicted felons.

11 Likes

No. They started with the 4.6 million registered voters in NYC- and carefully researched the backgrounds of each of them, their associations, investments, social media, emails etc. And when that was completed, the sun had died.

12 Likes

17 Likes