Trump ex-attorney Michael Cohen sentenced: 3 years prison, $500,000 forfeiture, $1.4 million restitution, $50,000 fine

Imagine hearing your own former attorney publicly describe you in terms normally reserved for Emperor Palpatine.

5 Likes

I’ve found it really interesting that of all the former Trump associates now in legal trouble, it was only Cohen that Trump singled out for attack, despite the fact that Cohen is pretty much the only guy who didn’t cut a deal (even if Manafort broke his deal). I’ve been thinking about why Cohen hasn’t cut a deal. For one, I’m pretty sure he was expecting Trump to pardon him, even after he realized he was facing some jail time (which happened pretty early on). But more than that, to cut a deal means admitting to all the crimes one has committed. I’m pretty sure Cohen has done some pretty bad shit, just for Donald. I would not be at all surprised if Cohen had someone killed at some point. Certainly he took pleasure in making threats. It’d be nice if they continued uncovering everything he’s been up to over the years.

5 Likes

My money is on dead underage hookers (aka models) under any / many trump properties.

6 Likes

Apparently Trump owns a weird, rural, undeveloped (and undevelop-able) plot of land in the middle of Florida with which he’s done nothing (that we know about) - that’s prime body-burying land, I reckon. (It was purchased for a dollar in a deal that obviously existed in the first place to conceal some other illegal scheme.)
Plus, all his connections with organized crime? Yeah, with Trump, when talking about “where the bodies are buried,” it may be literal.

10 Likes

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the FBI hasn’t already taken a few cadaver dogs for a "walk’ nearby the property.

6 Likes

He should have signed that plea deal forthwith when he had the chance. Dithering cost him big time

2 Likes

Interestingly, Cohen only plead guilty and admitted to the things they caught him doing, the stuff they could prove, he never agreed to cooperate because that would mean he has to come clean about anything and everything. I’m sure there is a lot of shit he knows but isn’t talking about.

(Sean Hannity, wipes the sweat from his brow.)

7 Likes

Right, exactly - he’s pled guilty to the things they were going to convict him of anyways, and he’s acting like he’s cooperating. But he’s not actually giving anything up they didn’t already know - certainly not all the illegal shit he’s been up to besides that, which would probably be serious enough to stretch the possibility of giving him a deal (and also potentially uncover things he did for/with people who might threaten him).
I’m sure it’s not just Hannity who’s relieved, too. Apparently Jerry Falwell Jr., of all people, has known Cohen for a while, and Cohen did something to convince him to support Trump even before Trump announced he was running (despite the more convincingly religious opposition). Possibly because of something Cohen helped him with (e.g. a reported shady Florida real estate deal/possible sex payoff), possibly just because Cohen was blackmailing him over it…

3 Likes

I’m surprised we’re not hearing what must be another eventuality in the career of Michael Cohen:

2 Likes

I expect he will use the Pinochet defence, where he is suddenly mentally incapable of being on trial.

In January 2001, the physicians stated that Pinochet was suffering from a “light dementia”, which did not impede him from being heard by the Chilean justice.[23] Therefore, judge Guzmán ordered his arrest near the end of January 2001.[24] However, the judiciary procedures were again suspended on 9 July 2001 because of alleged health reasons. In July 2002, the Supreme Court dismissed Pinochet’s indictment in the various cases, for medical reasons (an alleged “vascular dementia”).

1 Like

The gap between “says who” and him re-entering the news regarding the Stormy Daniels payoff was long enough that I had forgotten that he was the “says who” guy.

At least he’s not as bad a liar as Manafort.

1 Like

SAYS WHO?

(It still works!)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.