Trump "frantic" as lawsuits fail and hopes for legislative coup dim

You are forgetting the eight prior, that set the stage for these four. The Republicans have been acting in bad faith for so long, that they need to be the ones making conciliatory gestures that indicate a desire to actually govern.

27 Likes

OANN? All this time I thought that network was called ONAN. Understandable mistake, I guess

17 Likes

Meanwhile,

12 Likes

This worries me far less than many things he’s doing. I’m not Biden’s biggest fan, but one thing I do believe is true about him is he’s competent. He’s worked as a Senator for decades, and at the executive level for 8 years. By August of this year, he already had a mock state department number two thousand people working for him broken into working groups handling every region, every issue in the world. He’ll be ready to hit the ground running and roll back all this last second crap right away.

22 Likes

Its quite telling, I think, that Trump doesn’t know the game is up. He is probably the last person in government to figure that out. He keeps hanging on to the last straw, seemingly convinced that he has a chance.

Maybe its just narcissism. He can’t belive that he could fail.

10 Likes

Holy shit. I totally did not see that word as Big, either. I’m such a nerd.

9 Likes

I’ve a new thought about what Trump is doing here. He’s an odious human being and a raging narcissist, but he is not stupid. He knows he’s not going to win, but he can’t bare to face that thought for the rest of his life, so he’s set up a narrative that he can live with among his courtiers, whatever he ends up doing. He’ll never have anyone around him again who doesn’t hew to the “I got robbed” line. You want Trump’s money, or access to his media? You’d better be prepared to kiss this particular ring, and publicly.

11 Likes

I still don’t give him long to live; though he has already held out longer than I had originally hoped.

Perhaps with a bit more pressure

22 Likes

I tell ya, the story of that song is COMPLICATED.

The “When tyrants tremble” verse was added in the 50s, and Seeger saw it a a way to react against McCarthyism and blacklisting!

Enya was sued for singing that version, which was under copyright. Both she and Seeger thought it was an ancient Quaker hymn.

And Judy Collins sang it . . . dang:

And one of the old verses, from before it was de-christianized, comes to mind when I hear that Trump has suffered another setback:

I lift my eyes; the cloud grows thin;
I see the blue above it;
And day by day this pathway smooths,
Since first I learned to love it,

10 Likes

Can’t we just outlaw Republicanism? They’ve repeatedly demonstrated that they’re fundamentally incompatible with America. They’re gonna start a civil war eventually, let’s just do it now and get them over with.

6 Likes

Lol trump is AIDS then because he’s done an amazing job destroying all these checks and balances and proving there’s no accountability for the president.

8 Likes

He is the plucky underdog hero in his little movie. And in the end, he will win despite the odds stacked against him. That will be the proof of his greatness. At least that is how HE sees this. I am not going to be able to avoid considerable schadenfreude at watching the Downfall-esque end of this horrible administration.

2 Likes

A generator of spilled seed?

2 Likes

I’m comfortable with plain old “wanker”

6 Likes

Can we be glad that he invited the legislators to the white house instead of meeting then on 5th Ave?

7 Likes

US election: Michigan Republicans seek to delay vote certification

4 Likes

Perhaps, in terms of their possible damaging effects down the line, Trump’s shenanigans (assuming they fail) can be called a “stochastic coup” – after the notion of stochastic terrorism. They operationalize a later coup without precisely pinpointing when that coup will come.

2 Likes

Sadly his incompetency only scares me because it underscores how much more someone who was competent could do with the holes he has ripped in the fabric of our democracy.

11 Likes

So.he’s shredding paper, and stealing doorknobs and faucet handles? Cutting cords off all the appliances. Flooding tye bowling alley so the floor’s warped.

3 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Under pressure!