Trump gave fake platinum and diamond cufflinks to Charlie Sheen as a wedding gift

[Read the post]

7 Likes

I think it has something to do with finger length.

11 Likes

Thank you, Graham Norton and Charlie Sheen, both for the great story and for the knowledge that Piers Morgan is a Trump supporter.

11 Likes

ā€œWhat does this really say about the man that he said, ā€˜Hereā€™s a great wedding gift,ā€™ and itā€™s just a bag of dog shit?ā€

Well, itā€™s certainly not winning. Most people wouldnā€™t want to give that kind of thing to someone with tiger blood. You might end up with Vatican Assassins coming after you.

7 Likes

I love Graham Norton so much!

2 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m just sad about this, because it means that thereā€™s not going to be a Winning! ticket for November.

3 Likes

Trump probably assume Sheen was just going to give them to one of his hookers anyway.

4 Likes

Maybe that was Trumpā€™s way of saying ā€œtake it from me, you donā€™t want to make too big a deal about wife number three.ā€

11 Likes

I do, too. He gets his guests involved in the dialogue, which makes for better anecdotes. It reminds me of the old Dick Cavett show.

Of course, the alcohol helps (Iā€™m looking at you, Mark Wahlberg).

4 Likes

Maybe Trump was borrowing a tactic from Santo Gold, when he said it was ā€œplatinumā€ he meant Trump Platinumā„¢ which is just junk metal (with ā€œTrumpā€ stamped on it so you know itā€™s ā€œrealā€ Trump Platinumā„¢.)

5 Likes

This is a metaphor for Trump, his business and his candidacy, isnā€™t it?

8 Likes

1 Like

At this rate, Trump will never be as classie as Freddie Blassieā€¦

1 Like

And late-stage capitalism.

4 Likes

Jesus, getting called out by Charlie Sheen for being tacky and sleazy?

Thatā€™s some high level tacky and sleazy right there.

26 Likes

Maybe the lackey that went out and actually procured the cuff links pocketed the difference between what drumpf actually wanted to give him and what was actually bought? :wink:

It says it matches the groom as much as the gifter.

Trump and Sheen really arenā€™t that far off in class.

The funny thing is that Trump knew it was fake right as he said that. Heā€™s probably given out dozens of them, he just doesnā€™t care.

3 Likes

He simply adjusted the value of the gift to take the valuation of the Trump brand into account.

3 Likes

Which is exactly what he does with his personal net worth valuation.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s what I meant.

1 Like