Colbert explains how How Trump duped $250M from his supporters

Originally published at: Colbert explains how How Trump duped $250M from his supporters | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Garland did say that the Justice Dept. is watching the hearings closely, even if the committee isn’t referring matters to them. I still don’t think Biff will go to prison for this, any more than he will for his numerous frauds investigated now or in the past. I also don’t think this will make a difference to his millions of marks, who’ve been consistent in their insistence that facts and evidence and reality are not enough to sway them.

7 Likes

Oh man, I hope the money I donated to the millionaire for his new private jet, that he somehow couldn’t afford to buy, actually went to buying him that jet he so desperately needed.

/s

6 Likes

They have no problem giving $250 million to a charlatan but are determined to put a Republican back in the White House because they think $5 gas is a rip off.

9 Likes

Next thing we’ll find out the money they paid to sign Trump’s official birthday card didn’t actually go to a birthday card!

/s

3 Likes

Of course there’s a birthday card!

It just begins with "Pay to the bearer on demand … "

3 Likes

They had the BoingBoing logo on the screen at 10m28s. Woot.

11 Likes

Like father, like son. Anyone else remember this?

2 Likes

Off-topic, but who wears a negligee to cook steaks on the grill? I was just waiting to see what a combination rayon and grease fire might look like. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

No kink-shaming, please. There’s surely a Tingle novella in the works on that very quirk right now. “Grifted in the Butt by Mediocre Meat” perhaps.

3 Likes

Hey, I fry eggs in the nude sometimes. However, “Human Flambe” isn’t my idea of a good time. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Nobody with any connections is going to see the inside of a jail cell. Dupe $250 million from morons, nothing happens. Steal $250 from Wawa, go to jail. That’s America!

2 Likes

So here’s my theory: During the Hearings, they’re letting all the info fly, and let the TFG cult find out what all went on. Then, whether a letter recommending indictment comes from the Committee, and DOJ DOES indict, it will lessen the likelihood of a mob riot, because they’ll already know what’s coming. They’re still going to lose what little of their minds they have left, but it won’t be coming out of the blue.

It’s not a negligee, dahling, it’s Loungewear…of a sort…I guess…?

I’d define a negligee as something you’d only want yr honey to see you in, and loungewear as suitable for casual close friends’ visits.

junior and the kimbercreature by definition don’t have friends, so dunno WTF her damn ass is wearing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.