Trump gives ugly speech saying legal immigrants come from a "bin"

Well, we’re seeing it now. : /

27 Likes

No shit. I wish these shitheads would just, for the sake of argument, pretend they’re a citizen trying to immigrate legally and just look up what it takes.

I have plenty of legal immigrant friends from Europe and Asia; It’s no fucking cakewalk, guys!

Of course, these are the same folks who say about the DREAM’ers, “They’ve had plenty of time!”. Right. Becoming a citizen or permanent legal resident has just a few ways: A. Be rich, B. Have a good job that’ll sponsor your green card (a prereq for citizenship most of the time) C. Marry a citizen. Item B. is typically white collar, college-educated jobs, and usually has years of fuckery trying to find a company that’ll make good on it.

5 Likes

Both Hitler and Mussolini bemoaned our policy of taking in immigrants because their best were leaving to come here, and they were right. People who decide to leave an area to take a risk to make a better life, are usually the most motivated, hardworking and smartest part of any culture. The lazy and ignorant just stay put. We built this country with immigrants, and new ones strengthen our country.

14 Likes

12 Likes

Strangely enough for Trump, who would know all about this, of course, the dead simplest way, and the fastest way, to not only get a green card, but citizenship, is as a foreign fiance.

4 Likes

He’s talking about the UK, but it’s directly relevant to this thread. Should be cued to 3:05

3 Likes

He is sadly mistaken. They will turn on him in a second. They’ll get to him if the military doesn’t do it first.

I wonder if Donnie’s paternal grandfather, Frederick Trump, or his mother, Mary Anne MacLeod, would have been allowed to immigrate with today’s rules. Makes one wonder.

2 Likes

He should set an example by sending Melania Antoinette, Ivana, and Friederich Trump back to where they came from, and also all of their descendants. :wink:

1 Like

It a super saiyan level of stupid attainable only from living the life of a spoiled rich brat.

2 Likes

Truly, tRump is the vegeta of humanitarian politics. He’ll never be as good as the guy who went just before him, and will always be playing catch up to try and get a political legacy.

1 Like

We shouldn’t listen to Trump. We shouldn’t read his tweet. It’s not important. These are just tactics to get people emotional outraged to stopping thinking about what they need to do to deal with Trump. This is what abusers do. They attack their victims to always keep them off balance and prevent them from making plans to escape or overcome their abusers.

Stop listening to Trump. Start planning and then start doing. Focus your mind on the work to undermine and unseat Trump. Ignore everything else.

7 Likes

Won’t even get ‘binders full of women’ coverage.

3 Likes

pew says 58% of republicans believe higher ed has a negative effect on the country.

i grow increasingly convinced we are the mirror world.

12 Likes

Republican leadership is smart enough to know that only stupid fucking morons with no education would vote for republicans against their own self-interest and the interest of the country in general every time.

That’s why they’re working so hard to make the public education system in the US completely collapse by installing people who actively work at dismantling the whole thing.

It’s fucking treason.

15 Likes

Erm… Given his previous actions, why is this a question that even needs to be asked? (For the record, YES in full caps is the answer)

4 Likes

I miss that guy more every day.
I liked his politics too, and how his life-partner/ wife served in politics. It takes a certain kind of commitment… local politics is hard.

Alan Rickman, you are missed.

5 Likes

Linky? I believe you. I’m just curious as to how they phrased that particular gem.

1 Like

FTA:

Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority.
12 Likes

Additionally, plank #122 is inappropriate in a grade-school and high school setting:

Simply because there is no alternative theory to evolution that makes any damn sense at all from any kind of scientific perspective. So challenging evolution with an “alternative” only leaves alternatives like “god did it.” and we all know how easy it is to study the real-world impacts of the actions of imaginary constructs used to explain why the sky makes scary noises sometimes.

This is a link to the 2016 Texas GOP party platform.

The one that opposed critical-thinking skills was the 2012 party platform.

That they modified it not to include that language isn’t a comfort. That they included such language at all ever should condemn the party to the dustbin, since they literally said for at least a whole year that they’d rather people be dumb and religious than be anything else.

Christ, the more I read, the worse it gets.

It’s like a pack of supervillains was forced to spend 90 minutes in a conference room with some social workers and everyone had to compromise on policy because the supervillains refuse to back down on shit like denying gay people the same rights as straight people regardless of the children it hurts.

Social worker: “Okay Septicus, we’ll put in the language saying that gay people can’t adopt kids when the religious agencies are the controlling interest, but in return, you have to agree that abused children can choose not to be visited by their abusers. Is that okay?”

Septicus: *kicks dirt and pouts* “Ugh, fiiiiine. Jeeze. Never get to have any fun.”

7 Likes