Trump hospitalized with Covid symptoms

He is the president of the United States, so he’s going to get the best possible care and drugs no one else will have access to - and even in the absence of that, his survival chances are 80%+ (they’re only that low because he’s got comorbidities and is showing symptoms). I figure there’s little chance that he’ll actually die. Far more likely he’ll be flat on his back for months - and I’m not sure what that means for this election. Candidate Pence? (As a write-in? How would that work, at this point?)

This worries me, too. But on the other hand, Pence doesn’t excite Trump’s base like he does - even among the fundamentalists, it seems. Some percentage won’t bother to show up to vote, and most people who hate Trump are going to see Pence as tainted too.

Yeah. I was thinking about this earlier and I realized - if he were faking it, a lot of people in the White House would be in on it, and some number of them would probably have already “let it slip” to the press. He’s surrounded by people who, if they don’t actually despise him, have their own ego-involved reasons for being there that makes them likely to tell all to reporters.

15 Likes