Trump hospitalized with Covid symptoms

I was gonna pedant about how Pence is still V.P. until Jan. 20th even if something weird happens with the Electoral College and the House of Representatives, but then I realized @gatto meant if Pence becomes president, like, this week

OMG what a shitshow :confounded:

6 Likes

Here’s Jim Carrey playing the role of Biden saying some stuff that would get him in trouble if he posted it here or on twitter

16 Likes

For the full American COVID experience he would also have to be burdened with crushing medical debt for the rest of his life.

21 Likes

Perhaps “abundance of caution” is the technical term for the scat of a particular species of spin doctor?

9 Likes

Looks like they are all using the same style sheet…

Besides, the best caution is Lemmy Caution.

4 Likes

Here’s a personal experience. I was on a ventilator for 4 hours for a long operation on broken elbow. They wanted me really still and this is the best way of doing it. Then some poor guy had to sit next to me for at least two hours and keep reminding me to breathe, while I talked the same rubbish over and over again. This was just before coronavirus happened.

I imagine there are people who survive intubation without anaesthesia, but people survive waterboarding. But it isn’t nice, so intubation generally doesn’t happen without heavy sedation. So being on a ventilator may have its risks, but being put on a ventilator means a) you are in a bad way to start with, b) you are going to be stuffed full of drugs too, before c) some other surgical procedure happens. So, bad things may happen, but it is not necessarily the ventilator’s fault.

I expect they will put him on oxygen, and not get to using the ventilator. We can hope.

6 Likes
15 Likes

I like this reply:

18 Likes

Trump’s a virtual nobody.

20 Likes

“Working”

26 Likes

Trump’s physician said he never had any trouble breathing, and that his fever was controlled through medication. Other than being a little overweight he has no issues that would obviously complicate matters other than age. I can only speak for where I am, but our hospital would not have admitted Trump based on that.

They’d have given him some oxygen, watched him an hour or two, and sent him home with directions on when and how to arrange to come back if it got worse. Of course, by the time it was obviously worse enough to admit, it might be a bit late for his “miracle” drugs.

That said, I don’t believe his physician either, others said his oxygen levels were of concern. Part of what makes Covid insidious is the fact you don’t realize you are having trouble breathing. Early on they found people with dangerously low oxygen levels, and who were visibly breathing fast and shallow, but said they hadn’t had problems breathing. I guess with the fatigue combined with the slow progress of the disease, it’s kind of like boiling a frog.

11 Likes

As you can see, however, the President is merely signing a blank piece of paper with a sharpie.

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/1199349062320/trump-caught-signing-blank-piece-of-paper-while-pretending-hes-working-before-gov-shutdown

10 Likes

Maybe his handlers needed to get him to doctors that weren’t just yes men or he would have gotten hydroxychloroquine, bleach and an UV light up his behind like he asked?

1 Like

The doctor leading the press conference was the same doctor that gave him the hydroxychloroquin earlier in the year. I would guess the only reason he didn’t get it this time is because the doctor felt the experimental treatments were better.

5 Likes

Anything to get him to shut up, amirite?

6 Likes
33 Likes

Nobody can get their stories straight.

18 Likes

And this shit:

He’s determined to kill as many people as possible on his way out.

25 Likes

Remember, doctors never lie, and only loony-tune conspiracy theorists would ever suggest otherwise and you’re just as bad as they are and arglebarglecofefve

17 Likes

I expect Conley’s talk of releasing Trump tomorrow was just to shut him up. I’m guessing none of the doctors have any intention of actually doing so.

8 Likes