Trump hospitalized with Covid symptoms

It doesn’t seem to be true

(thanks to @alahmnat)

32 Likes

I can think of several differences between that and this, including it was early days of the pandemic, and Boris had only recently taken that position, and it wasn’t a campaign year.

We’ve lost over 200,000 people, and seen evidence that Trump knew it was serious and dangerous, and chose not to act. We’ve had credible evidence that he chose not to act because the early days of the US pandemic saw huge damage in blue states, and the people dying were not part of the MAGA crowd. We’re a month away from the election, which Trump has been trying to subvert all year.

22 Likes

Only 900 people were dead at that point too in the UK. The public image of coronavirus was different. Put simply, politicians hadn’t been seen to have fucked it up yet. And indeed Boris getting it was a big part of the UK public realizing how fucked up it was getting.

We already know they fucked it up in America. 207,000 dead.

32 Likes

Oh - it’s gone. I was looking at your second chart re 56 to 60% jump …

2 Likes

The treatment the president received is an antibody cocktail developed by the biotech company Regeneron, according to a memo from his doctor, Dr. Sean P. Conley. Mr. Trump is also taking vitamin D, zinc, melatonin, a daily aspirin and famotidine (an antacid better known as Pepcid), the memo said.

8 Likes

Sorry, I deleted it after seeing @the_borderer’s post since it felt redundant.

Johnson’s personal boost in popularity was short-lived too.

14 Likes

We’ve been through this and it’s not entirely true. And anyway, any sympathy Alex got Dom flushed down the toilet with his eye test.

6 Likes

Yeah, Classic Dom totally destroyed any sympathy for Boris the Blunderer, for sure.

5 Likes

Good.

8 Likes

Perhaps Moore means the definition of genius that says “a person who influences another for good or bad”. That’s what I think of when someone says “evil genius”. They’re not brilliant, or exceptionally clever - they are exceptionally evil. They have a peculiar, distinctive, or identifying character or spirit of moral reprehensibility.

Seems like Trump in a nutshell.

6 Likes

But, in the meantime, you may be promoted.

4 Likes

I prefer idiot savant.

6 Likes

Walter Reed has the medical grade bleach; no off the shelf for Donnie.

8 Likes

Dude: Oh, uh, yeah, uh… and there was a, uh… uh, my briefcase.

Cop: In the briefcase?

Dude: Uh, uh, papers, um, just papers, uh, you know, uh, my papers, business papers.

Cop: And what do you do, sir?

Dude: I’m unemployed the president.

7 Likes

Boris was younger and healthier.

4 Likes

36 Likes

Still not disagreeing with you, just adding a relevant tweet. From a professor of emergency medicine at Columbia:

22 Likes

Fingers crossed.

I guarantee you Trump doesn’t know how to emails. He doesn’t have that app.

5 Likes

Yeah. At this point the balance of evidence suggests to me that he is having at least moderately severe symptoms. Going to walter reed, experimental drugs, no tweeting, etc.

But after 4 years of gaslighting I can’t take anything that the Whitehouse says it does at face value. Trump is also supposedly a serious germaphobe who loves kook medicine. In normal circumstances with a normal president I would expect him to go to walter reed in this situation. But nothing is normal. It’s just what is hopefully nearing the end of four exhausting years of chaos and corruption.

14 Likes