Trump impeached second time

Wow. Only 10 republican congress critters voted yea. That is a sad, sad dismal number considering what happened last week and has yet to happen. I heard some of the debate and that was even sadder.

At least trump is the best at getting impeached.

31 Likes

Another garbage first for the worst “president” ever. Anyone who voted against it goes on the list of traitors list and should be investigated.

Now, onto the Senate. Let’s see how many Republican toadies there are there who are willing to put party and leader over country.

24 Likes

I think I may have been wrong all this time, I have been comparing Trump’s hue to oranges and Cheetos, but I now am thinking it was peaches all along.

10 Likes

Never trust a republican to care about democracy.

18 Likes

Did he also beat the record for quickest impeachment?

Has any impeachment taken less than a week from time of the stated infraction(s) leading to the impeachment?

20 Likes

67, surely? 66 is (just) less than two thirds of 100.

13 Likes

Let’s see if Trump manages to piss McConnell off enough that he calls the Senate back in session early. Pretty good odds, I’d say.

15 Likes

Funny how Georgia has been such a big part of recent events as well.

9 Likes

Sure, give him another thing to brag about!

7 Likes

I think Andrew Johnson still has the record there; he was impeached just three days after dismissing Secretary of War Edwin M. Stanton (though that was really just the final triggering event for Congress rather than the entirety of their grievance against him).

19 Likes

The Ten House Republicans who voted to impeach President Donald J. Trump:
Liz Cheney (WY)
Anthony Gonzalez (OH)
Jaime Herrera Beutler (WA)
John Katko (NY)
Adam Kinzinger (IL)
Peter Meijer (MI)
Dan Newhouse (WA)
Tom Rice (SC)
Fred Upton (MI)
David Valadao (CA)

I’m going to name my VCR’s blinking clock in their honor.

27 Likes

So much winning!

4 Likes

So, we’re boned.

5 Likes

The eagle has landed. The MF has been impeached again, already.

8 Likes

I have 6 names on the R side who I’m pretty sure will vote to convict. Interested to see if more come forward

5 Likes

A news aggregator site shared the original article and titled it “Sometimes you have to flush twice”

47 Likes

Which is funny b/c according to Trump you literally have to flush 10, 15 times.

24 Likes

Interesting. Schrödinger’s former president.

10 Likes

PRESIDENT TRUMP IMPEACHED FOR INCITING 1/6 CAPITOL RIOT

I think for the WHOLE thing, tho.

23 Likes

That’s a good question. Could Kamala Harris be the 67th, to vote on an impeachment of the immediate past President? I’m not sure how this would work.

6 Likes