Trump impeached second time

Oh my god shut the fuck up you useless asshole.

33 Likes

Unfuck James Comey; he’s *nobody’*s homie.

21 Likes

if the senate doesn’t come across, the republican party will be held accountable for trumps (proud boy) behavior. Good thing money talks, it’s all they have to say.

2 Likes

Threepeat! Threepeat! Threepeat!

3 Likes

Orange is the new black.

2 Likes

I see, and yes, you are correct. Vp would not preside over the president’s impeachment trial in the Senate. And would not even preside over the past president’s trial. Even though I am a student of arts and letters, I was a total dunce yesterday about this. Derp.

2 Likes

Trump’s gotta be pumped he finally got more votes than a Clinton.

9 Likes

There’s no way this will get the votes. Even if McConnell wants to bar Trump once and for all from public office with such a successful impeachment he would have to find more than himself and Romney that would co-sign off on this maneuver. I believe McConnell would do it in a heartbeat if he could since it would cement his position as GOP kingmaker but it’s clear the fascist contingent have gain more power than say the Tea Party ever did in being the aggressive minority of his party. That essentially means we’re stuck with the impossibly thin possibility of Trump coming back for round two. I doubt Trump will do it after seeing his a major part of his business fiefdom going up in smoke.

But that leaves the fascist contingent with Hawley and now it seems Cruz to be would be leaders. Neither give me the feeling they could command them, so I fear someone else more dangerous will appear eventually.

6 Likes

Or maybe a spine?

3 Likes

Isn’t it 2/3rds of the Senators present rather than the total number?

If some Republicans don’t want to vote directly against Trump, getting lost for the vote is almost as good.

7 Likes

Ugh, why wait for a supportive House & Senate?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/marjorie-taylor-greene-says-she-will-file-articles-of-impeachment-against-biden/ar-BB1cJxJ9

10 Likes

Not gonna lie, I’d kind of like to see her do this. A robust debate on the floor, that includes a discussion of Ms. Greene’s credentials and background, might help squash this crap for a while.

12 Likes

Anytime anyone of those R “unity and healing” jokers gets interviewed, I want them asked about this, about the ones who voted to block the certification, and about those terrorists pushing through metal detectors into the Capitol. Isn’t there some saying along the lines of, “it’s the wise farmer who tends his own fields?”

14 Likes

The appropriate rejoinder to this is for other house members to issue a censure.

If she keeps it up, follow up with removal proceedings.

14 Likes

I’m thinking more along the lines of

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Matthew 7:6

It’s unfair to compare dogs and pigs to Republicans though

13 Likes

That, too, but I was thinking more of getting your own house in order before telling me to tidy mine up, kind of thing. As in, how dare you tell us you want unity when you can’t even get your own party members to pretend they want unity for 1 day.
The variations of, “fuck you” I feel towards the Repubs at this point are myriad.

11 Likes

Jesus has that covered too

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.

Matthew 7:1-5

13 Likes

For me this whole unity thing is like…

There’s this guy who stabbed me in the back, and he is waiting for me to turn around so he can do it again.

So his friend comes over and says, “Hey, you should really do something to mend fences with the stabbing-you-in-the-back guy.”

I ask, begrudgingly, “What can I do to mend fences?”

He replies, “Well, as an act of goodwill, turning your back to him would be a good start.”

I think dropping his knife and paying his debt to society for his previous crimes is the only way to get things rolling.

23 Likes

Her “credentials” is that she, like many of these assholes, was/is a “small” business owner who moved to a more conservative district to grift the public.

I hope so, but people of her ilk have quite a following at this point.

11 Likes

also, “Yea gotta do it, or he will stab me in the back too!”

6 Likes