Trump impeached second time

a simple majority is more than ½ the body

a ⅔ majority is just ⅔ of the body, more is not required

7 Likes

2 out of 4 total impeachments in history.
Winning!!

23 Likes

Yep, this is right. So really the requirement for 67 senators to approve a 2/3rds majority measure (also, e.g., overriding a veto) only comes of 100 not being divisible by 3. With 102 senators, the threshold is simply 68.

4 Likes

I do not believe 68/34 is equally divided. 50/50 is, or if a couple people are missing, so 49/49, 48/48, etc.

1 Like

And it appears he’ll set a high water mark for the number of votes for removal each and every time! (Johnson was 35 to remove, Clinton 45, Trump 47/48.)

Though to be fair in Andrew Johnson’s day the total number of Senators was lower and he did come within a vote of removal.

3 Likes

“You can’t fire me, I quit”

Nixon was never impeached, he quit first.

3 Likes

Trump has a week left. Plenty of time for a hat trick, if he incites another riot, or steals the White House silverware when he leaves.

2 Likes

I think McConnell (surprisingly) being in favor of conviction is waiting for the new Senators to be seated to increase the odds of it happening.

6 Likes
26 Likes

Doh! Corrected on my correction. :slight_smile: You right.

1 Like

I need one of these papers.

He will go down in history as…Just going down.

1 Like

It would be easy for them to claim a COVID exposure and need to quarantine.

13 Likes

He’s now a repeach offender.

20 Likes

15 Likes

50% of all impeachments! Most bipartisan impeachment in history.

Also:

40 Likes

Even the same acronym still works:

Impeach the Muthafucka Already

Impeach the Muthafucka AGAIN

26 Likes

Finally!

14 Likes

Say her name!

2 Likes

Here is hoping for a political stunt that 24 or so Trump “loyal” Republicans don’t show up for the vote saying it’s a farce giving the 50 Democratic votes the 2/3 majority.

6 Likes

Probably not. The Chief Justice, not the VP, presides over the impeachment trial in the Senate.

3 Likes