Trump Impeachment tweet-watch: 'I WANT NOTHING', Rudy Giuliani runs his mouth

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/20/trump-tweets-something-stupid.html

6 Likes

Works for me.

you-get-nothing

28 Likes

Sondland better get some witness protection program, STAT. Before they Epstein his ass…

12 Likes

All these kooky Democrats don’t understand basic criminal law. If you explicitly deny the crime you’re accused of committing after you become aware that people are suspicious, it’s no longer a crime. That’s just black letter law according to the principles of double-jeopardy and ipso vs. facto.

Also, if you specifically tell your underlings to talk to another of your underlings who has instructions for them to carry out, you cannot be held responsible for anything resulting from those instructions. It’s the reason why there have never been any successful prosecutions of organized crime in this country–it’s that iron-clad of a defense.

36 Likes

I am honestly so confused by that tweet… he’s talking about himself in third person again, like he’s quoting someone else’s notes. Is he?

If it is pretending to be a period communication between him and the Ambassador then it makes it even weirder because which is more likely - he just randomly came up with the “I don’t want a Pro Quid Pro” phrasing, or that he was constantly having advisors tell him he couldn’t do it because it was a pro quid pro and he didn’t understand what they were telling him?

7 Likes

I thought this was the same story as the other I WANT NOTHING story, but it turns out we’ve got two separate news stories about trump writing “I WANT NOTHING” in all caps on the same day.

Am I the only one interpreting it not as “I do not want anything” but as “I actively want to bring about nothingness”.

24 Likes

Wait, what news are you guys reading? Fox News says my boy is goooooood.

Sondland implicates top officials on Ukraine, but says he ‘never heard’ quid pro quo from Trump

(actually the article itself is more nuanced, and even they have enough rope in there to hang Trump, but they’re vague and dry enough to give Hannity the wiggle room he needs…)

5 Likes

The republican defense seems to be that because Trump denied a quid pro quo after realizing he was in trouble, that means there was none. Reminds me of this sketch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJsQDPK-vvg&t=28s&fbclid=IwAR3rX7nfqJ296dSet2aV-i2f9aNmXmScrnO45B7IOLpbFly58RrhWz4DCVo

4 Likes
28 Likes

I feel like I’ve finally lost it. Can someone please translate this into reality for me?

11 Likes

Bingo. Timing is important here-- the call to Sondland came immediately after Trump learned the whistle blower’s report had been given to congress.

So shouting “I WANT NOTHING. NO QUID PRO QUO!” rather than exonerating Trump looks more like a desperate attempt to protect himself when “complete coverup” is no longer an option.

15 Likes

To paraphrase Lindy West’s new book: Yes, it’s a witch hunt. We are witches. And we are hunting you.

13 Likes

Also, Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!

12 Likes

And Morrissey is just pompous enough to rhyme “nothing” with “right thing” too!

12 Likes

Nope, sorry - can’t be done. Trump is going full-delusional after Sondland, who was a Republican witness, admitted quid pro quo and implicated both the White House and State Department in trying to cover it up.

Also the crime doesn’t count if you don’t explicitly use the legal name for it while doing it. Since the president didn’t shout, “I’m doing an extortion” while doing it, he’s legally in the clear.

26 Likes

Very true. Also, Patton Oswalt makes me laugh; the very opposite of Morrissey.

11 Likes

I believe he is saying that he completed the Buddha’s Eightfold Path. Per the The Four Noble Truths, desire is the cause of all suffering, and Trump obviously has through diligent effort and meditation extinguished all desire, hence “I want nothing”. He has achieved enlightenment.

32 Likes

Trump and the Republican defense of Trump’s Ukraine call are both falling apart in real time, as we watch.

5 Likes

At long last, a piece of sarcastic text that does not need a /s.

14 Likes

4 Likes