Trump in a slump

Yeah, but wait til they bust out their new look!

Old school:

New School:

8 Likes

11 Likes

Heh. You’d think that at some point, those whities would finally stop fighting.

8 Likes

Doctor Seuss, FTW.

#That Scam-I-Am, that Scam- I-Am;
#I Do Not Like That Orange-Hued Ham.

19 Likes

“Sometimes it happens that a man’s circle of horizon becomes smaller and smaller, and as the radius approaches zero it concentrates on one point. And then that becomes his point of view.” ~ David Hilbert

14 Likes

Isn’t the message of that particular book that you shouldn’t knock things before you try them?

Since that’s a horrible strategy for Trump, perhaps that’s not the right Seuss book to reference…

4 Likes

If the polling gap starts to open up again, it will be interesting to see whether the newspapers currently filled with “Trump worse than Hitler” editorials can overcome their reflexive need to “balance” the situation by letting the GOP directly edit their front pages. Because that’s what seemed to happen when Clinton started leading decisively in August.

Anyway, the current poll numbers hardly show it in the bag for Clinton. Even if the election were tomorrow, it’s close enough that, in the privacy of a polling booth, people could take it either way. I’m afraid what the numbers really show is that Trump-Correlated Societal Collapse has already begun, even if he doesn’t win.

/apologetically launches escape pod

4 Likes

Gimme a break; it was the first pun I could think of that hadn’t already been taken.

And personally, I would never eat green meat, no matter how much someone else pressured me to.

15 Likes

Ask Cardinal Glump.

2 Likes

That was the weird thing about Cruz using it during his Obamacare filibuster…

4 Likes

Why would Trump getting his ass kicked in a debate lead to lower support in polls? His supporters aren’t fact-based in any way, or he wouldn’t even have become the candidate. Facts, reality and rationality are the enemy to them. I would expect his numbers to rise after this failure, just like they inexplicably have after every other bad decision he’s made.

6 Likes

There’s a ceiling on the number of people who call themselves Trump “supporters.” A lot of people are just voting Trump because they hate Hillary more. Those are the voters who might be swayed by seeing him act like a petulant, sexist, racist insult-hurling, tax-dodging, bald-faced liar of a manbaby. Even if those voters can’t be convinced to vote Hillary they might shift toward a protest vote for Gary Johnson or just stay home on election day.

9 Likes

You mean Green Eggs and Ham isn’t about Stockholm syndrome? I always assumed it was a metaphor for how PUAs see the world. Sam-I-Am harasses his victim until he breaks down and “eats his meat”, ignoring boundaries and countless rebuffs.

10 Likes

*LMAO!

That’s one of the best modern day analogies about Seuss’ real meanings that I’ve seen in a long time.

15 Likes

Kind of hard to think of a tax-free millionaire as any kind of underdog.

7 Likes

That’s your problem right there. Stop thinking!*

• Trump 2016!
19 Likes

Your parody skills are so good, it’s downright disturbing sometimes.

16 Likes

I’m still trying to figure out this one:

2 Likes

I didn’t say that I necessarily grokked all of it, all the time.

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

It’s not that complicated. They are neat. Sometimes I work on whatever-the-opposite-of-multiple-levels is.

11 Likes