Trump is inheriting the right to Breitbartize Voice of America, Radio Free Europe and Radio Liberty

I grew up as a regular listener to the wonderful VoA Breakfast Show. (I still have the SW radio I used to pull it in, 50 years on.) The balance of music and information was just right. Their news used to be extremely good, with a policy that all stories needed to be traced back to 2 independent sources. I think there was a strong sense at the station and even the USIA that success of the mission was tied to credibility of the station. Unfortunately, that was all thrown out by Reagan in the 80s.

2 Likes

We’re discovering an amazing new respect for “controls on government” now, aren’t we?

Controls on government that were, as recently as five weeks ago, thought to be obsolete relics of America’s pre Cambrian era, entirely inappropriate for the 21st century.

well, as Game of Thrones is recorded in Northern Ireland, just go there and watch the shoot.

1 Like

I dunno, it’s really just not the same…

4 Likes

Controls on government have never been quite as necessary before.

We fucking deserve this shit. I’m sorry.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.