Trump is mad 'Parasite' won Movie of the Year because it's from South Korea

Or just play Russian Roulette with the rest of the cabinet. Whomever loses, we all win.

3 Likes

It’s exactly the sort of thing I’d say if I wanted to parody stupid boomer bullshit.

11 Likes

His illiteracy certainly wouldn’t help. But I think the major problem he has with it is that it’s not entirely about praising him.

4 Likes

Well that’s just… Xenophobia for the sake of it. His supporters ALREADY hate the “liberal elite” entertainment industry, and it’s already got a number of Jewish individuals that he can “other”. Exactly what is his point? That the industry should promote American movies more? Because I DON’T THINK HOLLYWOOD IS STRUGGLING TO BE RELEVANT.

4 Likes
9 Likes

He just thinks Triumph of the Will was robbed.

16 Likes

Weird. In a film where all the characters are either ultra-rich or asshole grifters you’d think he’d find something to like about it.

15 Likes

Gone With The Wind

11 Likes

Ha, right?

Not that he nor anyone else in whatever godforsaken auditorium he’s in even know that.

8 Likes

How about we just stop listening to all the stupid stuff that comes out of his mouth that serves no other purpose than to give him the attention he so desperately wants?

I only want to hear about the dangerous and illegal stuff.

Your point?

6 Likes

Not a point, observation.

Draw your own conclusions.

A black woman won the best supporting actress in 1939, and it was 50 years until another one… it was a different century when a black woman won best actress… my conclusion is that hollywood is racist as fuck. Is that the point you were attempting to make?

15 Likes

And yet, she wasn’t allowed to attend the ceremony.

(Hattie McDaniel was also a Sigma Gamma Rho, making her one of my sorority sisters; so learning her legacy was required info.)

As far as 45, whatever irks him pleases me.

25 Likes

I know right?

True. She was out side in the back lot with a crowd of suporters when announced she won.

3 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text

1 Like

I thought the point was that it’s pretty sadly ironic that Trump would dog whistle to xenophobic, nostalgic racists by citing a movie for which a black woman won an Oscar.

13 Likes

Sure. But it’s still a racist piece of trash movie, and the fact that the excellent Hattie McDaniel won only serves to bolster their own world view… “see, we can’t be racist. She got an an oscar for playing a slave!” She won primarily because she shored up the racist lost cause narrative. She deserved far better than to be a prop for a racist ideology. They don’t believe they are horrible people for believing that people who don’t look like them are lesser than they are… they just think they are telling it as it is, not that they are hateful bigots.

16 Likes

The sad thing is this city can’t afford to pay for their streetlights, but they’re happy to cover Trump’s campaign expenses.

3 Likes

All true of course, but then, I bet a lot of those cheering Trumpkins would stop cheering for his choice of that movie if they knew a black woman won an Oscar for it. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes