Trump is mad 'Parasite' won Movie of the Year because it's from South Korea

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/20/trump-is-mad-parasite-won.html

“Can we get ‘Gone with the Wind’ back, please?” — Donald Trump, 2/20/2020, Colorado

8 Likes

Can he just stroke out or something already?
Please?

64 Likes

Perhaps he was hoping a NORTH Korean movie would win?

59 Likes

“Can we get ‘Gone with the Wind’ back, please?”

Donald Trump is the oldest person to ever assume the office and he STILL can’t name a single Best Picture winner from within his own lifetime.

He also managed to pick the one Best Picture winner that romanticized a White Supremacist rebellion against the United States government.

74 Likes

I assume it is because he can’t read, and couldn’t enjoy this fantastic, but subtitles, movie.

29 Likes

Every single time, I start off thinking “oh come on. It’s not even funny anymore”. It’s 2020 and I keep assuming you’re taking the piss. For whole seconds. Until I get to the video.

Every single time, damnit.

At what point can comedians starting suing because the state is competing with them. Surely you guys have something against the state competing with private enterprise?

24 Likes

He probably thinks Parasite is about him.

35 Likes

I mean, yah. These two things are related. Xenophobia and appealing to a film which romanticizes the confederacy.

The only odd thing is that it was at a rally in Colorado instead of state which was part of the confederacy.

23 Likes

Prediction : Kirk Cameron, Janine Turner, and John Voight star in the remake of “Gone with the Wind”

8 Likes

Perhaps at his next rally he’ll promote The Deer Hunter.

4 Likes

He was in CO Springs - basically the deep south of CO. Definitely a home crowd.

7 Likes

Didn’t really expect Trump to be a “Gone with the Wind” fan…

47 Likes

Your lips to Dogs ears.

tumblr_65115120cf184d896202b98749005d1d_ab29af88_640

19 Likes
26 Likes

Talk is cheap. He should issue an Executive Order restricting the Academy Awards to American films, directors, writers, etc.

8 Likes

Yes please!

1 Like

“Happened to”. :roll_eyes:

:musical_score: I bet you think this South Korean movie’s about you :musical_note: Don’t you :musical_note: Don’t youuuuuuuuuuu :musical_note:

22 Likes

In other news:

I wonder what nonogenarian Al Jaffee’s doing now?

7 Likes

The hidden weakness of The Emperor’s New Clothes is when your Emperor is an exhibitionist.

16 Likes