Trump is the likable buffoon that GW Bush prepared us for

1 Like

[quote=“Lem, post:35, topic:74563”]
Trump is anti-war (despite the bluster)[/quote]

Proposing war-crimes is not “bluster.”

[quote=“Lem, post:35, topic:74563”]
Trump is against H1B visa abuse. The latter in particular strongly depresses salaries in my field.[/quote]

Newsflash: Drumpfbadger don’t care about you making rent.

Many Americans who insist on identifying as “white” still have friends or family that are immigrants, children of immigrants, Black, Mexican, Latin, Canadian, or Muslim. I don’t just vote for what’s best for me, but what’s best for all those that I love and care for.

7 Likes

Ah, hell, I can’t feel decent if I’m not at least paying attention to those I’ve decended from.

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it, indeed…
(not meaning to attack, @funruly … just more of the same)

“I got mine so I don’t care about anyone else” is a truly horrible outlook to have on life. Like “you may be some kind of sociopath and your grandchildren will wonder how you could have been so indifferent to some of the darkest deeds in American history” kind of horrible.

• “Why should I care who wins the civil war? I don’t even own any slaves!”
  • “Why should I care if American Indians are getting slaughtered and carted off into reservations? I’m white!”
  • “Why should I care if women get the vote? I’m a dude!”
  • “Why should I care if police are turning fire hoses on people of color? My civil rights aren’t under attack!”
  • “Why should I care if homosexuality is a criminal offense or not? I’m straight!”
6 Likes

Hey, I voted for Bernie in the primary. It’s not like I have a bunch of great options to pick from here. Bernie is literally the only great option I can see. He goes the right way on pretty much every issue. On race issues, nobody holds a candle to Bernie, but it doesn’t look like he’s going to make it to general. The way I see it, HRC is just going to harm the poorest Americans, which affects minorities the most. She’ll enrich the richest, widening that wealth gap. Trump is more of a wildcard. He’s touting some tax policies that will help the poorest, and being strong on immigration would also help the bottom wages. I doubt he cares about the poor and minorities, but it seems like his policies will at least help a little, which is better than nothing or making things worse. There are good reasons Trump is actually winning even in minority brackets. So if the primary comes down to HRC vs Trump in the general, I’d think even someone voting on behalf of minorities should pick Trump. Of course, I’m not going to pretend that’s why I’d vote Trump in the general. For me it comes down to the stances I already mentioned. Anti-war. Anti-TPP. Anti-H1B. Of course, keep painting Trump and his supporters as racists… it’s working so well!

1 Like

It’s pretty much a matter of public record at this point that Trump and a large portion of his supporters are openly racist. Many don’t even try to hide it. That doesn’t mean that every Trump supporter is a white supremacist, but when your candidate earns the explicit endorsement of groups like the KKK and the American Nazi Party then it’s pretty irresponsible not to ask yourself why.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.