Trump "jokes" that he will leave country if he loses

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/17/trump-jokes-that-he-will-leave-country-if-he-loses.html

13 Likes

66 Likes
44 Likes

Remember how Trump boasted about the size of the crowds during his inauguration? Maybe he will be able to gather a larger crowd to see him off?

39 Likes

I will gladly help him pack.

23 Likes

Extradition would just be the :kissing_closed_eyes::ok_hand: cherry on top.

30 Likes

Okay, now he’s just TRYING to lose by as much as possible by offering us those “but wait, there’s more!” incentives.

45 Likes

Word.

25 Likes

President Flight Risk

45 Likes

I’m guessing he’ll be looking to countries with no US extradition. Russia or Saudi Arabia seem most likely. I just giggle imagining a world where his travel is limited to:

Afghanistan, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Armenia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, the Central African Republic, Chad, Mainland China, Comoros, Congo (Kinshasa), Congo (Brazzaville), Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Indonesia, Ivory Coast, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Oman, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé & Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, the Vatican, Vietnam and Yemen.

40 Likes

Though this ‘president’ lies like a dog, at the same time, he doesn’t really mince words. He tells it like it is, if you know what to look for, which isn’t difficult. Using this remark as a for-instance, once he loses, the Southern District of New York of the US Attorney’s Office will be vigorously knocking on his door. Does anyone believe they do NOT have piles and piles of evidence of many different kinds of fraud? Yes indeed, Don, his clan and cronies will definitely be finding a safe place at Vlad’s place.
(Edit for punctuation.)

Donald, meet the people who want to meet you!

25 Likes

How about Guantanamo? It‘s technically outside the country, but it’s also a prison. Everyone’s happy then, I suppose.

45 Likes

There is also the possibility that any of those countries could still extradite him to gain favor with the new administration.

17 Likes

Yeah, but he’ll go to Russia, and they won’t extradite. Now, Putin might tell him to F off when he is no longer of use, but I’m sure Trump has a list of countries that tend not to extradite to the U.S. OTOH, as long as he’s gone, I’ll count it a win.

17 Likes

I read that like the animaniacs song…

25 Likes

Good point. I think many of these places he’d classify as “sh*tholes” and would never deign to visit.

10 Likes

Agreed. Fingers crossed for his 1/20/21 Twitter ban as well.

10 Likes

If he goes to Russia he becomes a bargaining chip. They never really thought of him as anything but an asset, and when an asset is no longer profitable, you liquidate it.

18 Likes

Yeah, the version where America is so disease ridden, we’re banned from visiting most other countries:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1291600228974354432

26 Likes

I think Putin would LOVE to have a pet ex-President. But more to the point, Putin does tend to keep to his deals with his cronies, although there have been some exceptions; personal loyalty is extra-important to criminal leaders.

16 Likes