Trump "jokes" that he will leave country if he loses

For long time I have assumed that this is one likely scenario for after the election.
Outside Trump calling for locking Hillary, there is always been little interest on prosecuting former officials. Bush walks free today, with a body count of 100k Iraqis. However, state level and tax crimes would bite Trump really hard, in addition to all other liabilities that are coming due. These are big incentives to leave the country and to do so while he is still president so he can pardon himself for giving secrets to Putin
This is to me the best scenario as it will show to his supporters the coward that he is. They will howl that the terrible Dems hounded him out of the country, but the truth will be self evident.

12 Likes

I mean, I’ll settle for dying penniless thousands of miles from his home.

22 Likes

Already in appearances in both Minnesota and Iowa, he said if he doesn’t win the state he’s never coming back there. Not sure if he just doesn’t like the upper midwest or this is another hint he’s going to flee the country.

14 Likes

He’ll probably come to Canada; Jr’s got a place here, and the free healthcare looks good

5 Likes

Promises, promises…

14 Likes

While most people are joking when they say this, he might be hopping on a plane to a country with out extradition.

11 Likes

I tried to search the internet for an appropriate image to make this joke, but he’s only gone and done it himself.

50 Likes

The Pope already turned him away once. (Well, I guess that was Mike Pompeo, but I think the sentiment stands.)

14 Likes

Excellent point. What’s the overlap between countries with no extradition and allow travel from the US under COVID?

Per @robyo’s list, I get Tunisia, Serbia, Kosovo and Macedonia. And those nations except for Serbia all have a majority or plurality Muslim populations, which might get… awkward.

ETA: I’m wrong, Macedonia is majority Eastern Orthodox Christian. We regret the error.

16 Likes

I suspect he means this as some kind of weak threat, but to my ear it sounds a lot more like an incentive.

14 Likes

There will be an Aeroflot plane waiting with running engines at Ronaid Reagan International on the night of November 3rd, I´m almost sure of it.

9 Likes

Maybe he’s welcome in North Korea.

7 Likes

Elba, and nothing less.
Of course, he probably has never heard of Elba, and to him a Napoleon is probably a favored pastry, but I expect he can learn.
Or not…

8 Likes

I vote for The Hague.

27 Likes

Screw that; he’s an American and we don’t allow Americans to come here except for business until they get Covid-19 under control. His management company that was operating the dRumpf Tower in Vancouver has declared bankruptcy, so he has no business interests here, nor do his offspring.
Also, he’s an asshole that levied massive tariffs on our aluminum and other goods exported to the US - screw him, his spouse and his spawn.
The bright side of him possibly coming to Canada is that we do have an extradition treaty with the US. It’s an easy drive to Toronto from New York or Albany.

24 Likes

I keep thinking of how, as an ex president, Trump and his family will get lifetime protection from the secret service - at great expense. Would this still hold if he (and his family) flees the country? I suppose it wouldn’t matter if he’d gave up that protection - he didn’t really want them to begin with as he was already paranoid about them before he took office. Though that was when he was afraid they’d be privy to his crimes and report him - if he was unable to be extradited, would he be bothered about that? Could we end up with a situation where US taxpayers spent millions to protect Trump overseas somewhere he couldn’t be convicted of a crime (and thus still eligible for protection)?

4 Likes

It is funny because it is true that his ego is that fragile.

Would love to watch the RT reality show where he lives with Snowden and remakes Archie Bunker.

10 Likes

The Clinton staff merely stole w’s off keyboards. I fully expect there to be a steaming turd on the Resolute Desk of the Oval Office. And Trump has no pets.

8 Likes

If only he and his family could be kept in some sort of secure facility it would lower the costs.

6 Likes

I kind of thought of this in the Meng Wanzhou context; he sneaks in via Don Jr’.'s remote B.C. coastal property, gets arrested, then enters the interminable extradition process . Much more stable than the “no extradition” countries, less novichok then Vlad’s place, good golfing for half a year. For Canada: good for the local economy, full hotels, thriving fast food industry. Win win.

1 Like